• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

M203 Rig setups - Looking for suggestions

DirtyDog

Inactive
Reaction score
Just looking for M203 rig suggestions.  My preference is for something that splits in the front (so you don't have to pull it over your head) and doesn't rely on carrying a separate bandolier.  Thinking something like 8-12 grenades in MOLLE pouches and the rest loose in a utility pouch and/or pack.  I like the TT MAV but in order to get the real estate I need to add the bib and that negates the front split feature.  I'm open to any vest and or rig suggestions.  Thanks.

Send me an email to my work; matt@cpgear.com  I think I can put something together that will meet your needs.

Well actually, with the tt mav you could use something like cp gears stackable double mag pouches and then attach m 203 pouches the the ends of those, that would give you 8 and not interfere with the split front design. You could also attach another four to the out side of a utility pouch, since most are 4 channels wide.

I'm sorry, what exactly is it that you're looking for, something to hold the 203 itself when it's not on your rifle, or something just to hold the 40mm rounds?

Pretty sure he wants a rig that can hold 40mm grenades not the actual M203 as that will be on his C7/C8

I've been making pouches for the M203 for going on 3 years now..normal is 4 o r6 but any number can be made depending on how you want to carry them

Matt_Fisher said:
Send me an email to my work; matt@cpgear.com  I think I can put something together that will meet your needs.
Thanks.  will do.

I think I'm leaning towards a TT MAV with 40mm pouches on the mag shingles and/or utility pouches.

I had a CP gear M203 bandoleer that I inherited (Thanks R031button  ;D ), and which is hopefully by now being used by the fourth roto of guys to do force protection. Uh, but anyway, I had the CPGear MOFOCR, which is a split front. I simply slung the bandoleer over my left shoulder and right down the center of my rig between the mag pouches. That gave me my twelve bombs on hand. I was doing convoys, so I didn't carry more than that, but more could easily go in a utility pouch. Having it run right down the middle meant it didn't run afoul of any of my other pouches. Sorry I don't have a picture of it.

Myself I just wore a bandoleer sent by my father to me from Iraq and was of CP Gear design and it held up great, too stop the swinging I just D Ringed it to the back. If you are looking for a set up though check out tactical tailor or csm gear; I have rigs by both of them and they are terrific. Take care MBP

Back