• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

M72 still in use?

• Thread starter MAJOR_Baker
  • Start date
M

MAJOR_Baker

Are M-72 rockets still in use by CDN REG and reserve forces? I know CDN forces use TOW missiles and Karl Gs, but I was also told that recoiless rifles were used by reserve forces until a few years ago. is that true? Is there anyone in Canada that still manufactures 105mm recoiless rifle rounds?

Our units dummies, M-72‘s!! what were your thinking ;) , seem to have gone through a site modification, wether the same modification has occured on ones used for training / operations I am not sure. So I would have to agree that yes, they are still in use.

Sherwood, I think you are talking about the M-40 106mm recoiless anti-tank gun. It was still in Reserve use a few years ago, but I believe it has been retired now. It is possible we have them in war-stocks somewhere. The last "operational" use of the 106mm was in the Rockies, to trigger avalanches. They now use a 105mm howitzer for that particular task.

Back