• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Married military couple & posting

dad_r22r

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

I am presently being posted to British Colombia. My wife just finished boot camp and is presently in Borden on the PAT Platoon. I wrote a memo requesting an OJT at my location while she is waiting for her QL3 course.

Her OJT was accepted but they want to send her by plane because she does not have the amount of leaves to cross Canada by car, which I am doing with my kids.
My question is :
Does it requires leaves for the military  spouse to cross Canada by car on my posting ?

Thank you

dad_r22r said:
Hi,

I am presently being posted to British Colombia. My wife just finished boot camp and is presently in Borden on the PAT Platoon. I wrote a memo requesting an OJT at my location while she is waiting for her QL3 course.

Her OJT was accepted but they want to send her by plane because she does not have the amount of leaves to cross Canada by car, which I am doing with my kids.
My question is :
Does it requires leaves for the military  spouse to cross Canada by car on my posting ?

Thank you

If she is also posted there at the same time as you then it would not cost her annual leave as your travel time during postings is covered.

If she wants to merely have time off from Borden to accompany you on the trip westwards as you are travelling out on your posting, it is leave that she must take.

If/when she is posted there herself, her travel time would then be covered without the requirement for leave.

Short answer is, I suspect it is you who is posted and has a COS date, not her.  Ergo, if she isn't at her place of duty (Borden) - it's leave. If I understand correctly, she is travelling out to BC to do OJT - not because she is proceeding on a posting to there. She must therefore utilize the cheapest means of transport available (plane) to that location or utilize leave to travel via POMV.  She is only entitled to 1 travel day because that's all it takes to go from Borden to BC by plane for an OJT.  It takes longer to drive out when one is posted of course, but she is not posted - you are.

Edited to add:  Your wife would be eligible to apply to accompany you on any HHT (without having to take leave) that you have planned as you are moving the residence and kids out there with you.  In effect, that western location addy will become her primary residence.

Back