• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Meaford Net Access

Shrek1985

Inactive
Reaction score
Basically will be non-existant this summer according to accommodations and IT.

Here are the alternatives I have come up with so far for those posted to LFCA TC Meaford this summer. Please post your own practical solutions

In Owen Sound;

-The Bleeding Carrot, 945 - 2nd Avenue East. They have two wifi systems and great fruit smoothies. The place is named after an arrogant worms song, so that's a plus.
-The River Cafe has Wifi and limited outlet access. You're more limited on the victuals here, but it's all good stuff. It's also on 2nd ave East, just a little north on the west side of the street from the Bleeding Carrot

In the town of Meaford;

I've explored this a lot more.

-McD's, Timmy's and subway all have wifi, but will not/cannot allow you to plug for juice.
-Meaford Library has Wifi and will let you have some juice too. But they are closed mondays.
-Perogie Palace on 36 Sykes Street (Main drag in meaford) also has wifi, but limited plug in options. If you like Eastern Euro food, especially perogies, this place is great, but kinda heavy duty if you just want something to munch on while you check you email and the chive. Also; bonus! They are really nice people. On the down side, they close mondays also.

Unless it exploded in the last couple of years, there is a computer room that you MAY have access to.  Its right near the canex.  Also from what I remember the rogers wireless signal is crap, but the bell one is pretty good.  I've had some course mates download movies via wireless hotspot.

There was a cell tower put in a few years ago to try to boost the Rogers signal. Bell is good, but some areas are hit or miss. Doesn't suprise me that they are killing the WIFI out due to budget cuts, especially after they spent all that money on directional antennae on the main barracks blocks.  ::)

Oh yeah, I forgot about the wireless.. probably due to having almost 0 reception in the weather haven I was staying in.  If in shacks at meaford, can you pay for your own internet like @ the shacks in Kingston?  Just for my own info.

Robert0288 said:
Unless it exploded in the last couple of years, there is a computer room that you MAY have access to.  Its right near the canex.  Also from what I remember the rogers wireless signal is crap, but the bell one is pretty good.  I've had some course mates download movies via wireless hotspot.

It is being torn down. The computers have all been removed.

PuckChaser said:
There was a cell tower put in a few years ago to try to boost the Rogers signal. Bell is good, but some areas are hit or miss. Doesn't suprise me that they are killing the WIFI out due to budget cuts, especially after they spent all that money on directional antennae on the main barracks blocks.  ::)

Got hit by lightning back in april, fried most of the wifi equipment, according to the comms/adp cell. I'd love to speculate on just what kind of contract the army signed that did not include a service option for that...but it doesn't matter since they let it lapse anyways.
Robert0288 said:
Oh yeah, I forgot about the wireless.. probably due to having almost 0 reception in the weather haven I was staying in.  If in shacks at meaford, can you pay for your own internet like @ the shacks in Kingston?  Just for my own info.

negative, no hardware for that.

Back