• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Med staff wearing scrub tops

The way I look at it.....

If your a Vehicle Tech working on vehicles, you wear coveralls to do your job in your workplace.  If your a Cook who is cooking, you wear whites in your workplace.  So what's the big deal with Medical Staff wearing what they wear, in their workplace?

Sort of reminds me of a cold December day on an Air Base when a PO2 who worked for me came to tell me that Clothing Stores wouldn't issue him with a CADPAT Parka, because he wore a Navy Uniform and it happened to be -25C that day.

Sheep Dog AT said:
No is making a deal. I posted out of curiosity and having never seen it before.

I understand that, but believe it or not, there are people out there that take issue with the practice.

Tomorrow I am going to not wear my uniform, and just do my job in civilian clothes....

Because I can.

Funny.  No one was complaining.  He even stated "just curiosity really" (twice now!).  Someone asked a simple question during his slow day (as he already explained) waiting to get into his medical appointment.

Life goes on.  Today I was DEUs for the Men's Christmas Dinner; tomorrow it's PT strip all day for hockey.  Friday, it's civvies.  Nary a care in the world have I.

Thanks for your contribution.

The OP was at the MIR so couldn't assist in deploying operations. Not that he would anyway cause he's a fucking MCpl with no ammunition issues to set up because everyone is gearing down for the X mas break.

For some reason I can't edit my post so I would have said it's not in my wheel house to worry about deploying troops and I'm not busy at work when I am there because everyone's shut down for the year and I have no ammo issues to set up.

Journeyman said:
I know it looks maroon but its actually SANGUINE.  Some folks get really bent out of shape over this.

Apparently.  Perhaps if they were a bit more....sanguine about it.

What a bunch of maroons!  ;D

Kirsten Luomala said:
........These unfortunately fade over time and turn almost a pink or fushia color. 

I have been informed that males don't wear pink or fuchsia.  It is "salmon".    ;D

2010-03-01-12bf011.png

George Wallace said:
I have been informed that males don't wear pink or fuchsia.  It is "salmon".    ;D

Salmon is a manly fish..... ;D

George Wallace said:

Aggressive salmon. Much manlier.

Rider Pride said:
Tomorrow I am going to not wear my uniform, and just do my job in civilian clothes....

Because I can.

My only clothing choice in the day (other than deciding what shirt and pair of pants is next up in the civvy rotation) is if I'm wearing my lab coat or not...it's cold today, so yes.

It was about amonth ago...because an old lady's head laceration covered it in arterial spray.  It's back to basic white with dark green embroidery of my name on it.

MM

Back