• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Med Tech - secret or top secret?

llin_X

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I want to join as Med Tech and I went to talk to two recruiters in Montreal. The thing is  I am an immigrant and moved to Canada four years ago. So, one recruiter told me that I can apply after I have lived in Canada for 10 years because Med Tech is top secret and requires higher clearance. Another recruiter said that Med Tech is secret and 5 years will be enough. I am confused, can you explain how  clearance needs can depend on number of years one spent in Canada? And is Med Tech finally secret or top secret?

I've read The Security Check/ Level Superthread and searched on Forces.ca, but could not find the answer.

Thank you!

You were misinformed. MedTech requires enhanced reliability. Further clearance to secret will occur later in one's career.

llin_X said:
Hello everybody,
I want to join as Med Tech and I went to talk to two recruiters in Montreal. The thing is  I am an immigrant and moved to Canada four years ago. So, one recruiter told me that I can apply after I have lived in Canada for 10 years because Med Tech is top secret and requires higher clearance. Another recruiter said that Med Tech is secret and 5 years will be enough. I am confused, can you explain how  clearance needs can depend on number of years one spent in Canada? And is Med Tech finally secret or top secret?
I've read The Security Check/ Level Superthread and searched on Forces.ca, but could not find the answer.
Thank you!

First, you MUST be a "Canadian Citizen".  If you are a Canadian Citizen, then as part of the recruiting process, chances are you will require a "Pre-Sec" (Pre-Security Clearance Screening) and this will determine whether or not it would be possible for you to be given a Government of Canada Security Clearance.  If you pass this check, then your processing should continue.

What is relevant is whether or not the security clearance background checks can be completed.

As stated previously, new Med Techs hold enhanced clearance. Med Tech Cpl and above usually hold a secret or higher security classification. 

ModlrMike, Rider Pride, thank you for good news  :D  at least i do not need to wait for 10 years to apply for the trade I want

DAA, thanks, it is clearer now.
DAA said:
First, you MUST be a "Canadian Citizen".
Getting there!  :salute:

DAA said:
chances are you will require a "Pre-Sec" (Pre-Security Clearance Screening) What is relevant is whether or not the security clearance background checks can be completed.
I know I have to go through Pre-Sec, will try to get papers from my country of origin that I do not have criminal record there.

ModlrMike said:
You were misinformed. MedTech requires enhanced reliability. Further clearance to secret will occur later in one's career.

He was not misinformed. All med techs joining now require secret clearance. I received my secret clearance 6 months after joining, and it is mandatory before you are loaded on your QL3 course.

Because of CTAT, most, if not all, members will have a SECRET Clearance in order to perform their duties according to agreements with the US of A.

George Wallace said:
Because of CTAT, most, if not all, members will have a SECRET Clearance in order to perform their duties according to agreements with the US of A.

So a change then since I last looked into the subject.

Back