• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical Technician QL3 Training Dates

Currently doing the PCP phase in Montreal. (Heard through the rumors mill that we are the last franco course going there). I left Borden Pat platoon at the beginning of March and there was still a huge backlog of med techs waiting for the QL3 Clinical phase. To anyone posted to Borden soon as a pat don't worry. It got way better than it was and the staff are doing their absolute best to keep the pats occupied. Just make the best of it. Go to the gym quite often. A medic in shape is a good medic.

In Borden now on PAT Pl.

August 2014 (unskilled anglo) QL3 is full.
September 2014 (PCP anglo) QL3 is full.
September 2014 (PCP franco) QL3 is full.
January 2015 (unskilled anglo) QL3 is almost full.
August 2014 (unskilled anglo) QL3 is empty.
September 2015 (PCP anglo) QL3 has a couple names on it.

Far as the lists I am looking at now go, but of course time changes everything.

Ditto to what Weezer23 says. Go the gym a lot, read books, and beg volunteer to be tasked to other ops at every opportunity. Your volunteering does not go unnoticed and you will be remembered later on when gucci-er taskings come up.

blbenzies said:
August 2014 (unskilled anglo) QL3 is full.
September 2014 (PCP anglo) QL3 is full.
September 2014 (PCP franco) QL3 is full.
January 2015 (unskilled anglo) QL3 is almost full.
August 2014 (unskilled anglo) QL3 is empty.
September 2015 (PCP anglo) QL3 has a couple names on it.

Sorry to reboot this from a few months ago. I would like to clarify if the PCP anglo QL3 courses are for Med Techs who have come in semi skilled?

MedicTWO said:
Sorry to reboot this from a few months ago. I would like to clarify if the PCP anglo QL3 courses are for Med Techs who have come in semi skilled?

I would fathom a guess and say "NO".  If you are coming in as "semi-skilled" that would mean that you have already been subjected to a PLAR which has already been done.  If that is the case, then there are only certain portions of the training that you need to take.  How the school manages that, is anyones guess.  Personally, I can't see them loading you on a full QL3, when the bulk of the training being provided, has already been waived.

How they manage new enrolments such as yourself, hopefully, there is a Med Tech or someone out there who can explain this and chimes in.

DAA said:
I would fathom a guess and say "NO".  If you are coming in as "semi-skilled" that would mean that you have already been subjected to a PLAR which has already been done.  If that is the case, then there are only certain portions of the training that you need to take.  How the school manages that, is anyones guess.  Personally, I can't see them loading you on a full QL3, when the bulk of the training being provided, has already been waived.

How they manage new enrolments such as yourself, hopefully, there is a Med Tech or someone out there who can explain this and chimes in.

DAA thank you for your reply.

I have already received my offer and had the results of my PLAR (185 day service credit and back pay) explained to me. I know that I am skipping the schooling part of my trades training (no Moncton,) however I still need to do the 3.5 months of clinical and 2 weeks of field training before I am fully qualified. I noticed that they have the Med tech course dates listed as unskilled and as PCP and was wondering if that had to do with the students entry plan?

I hope the back information clarifies my question.

-MedicTWO

Back