• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Memorandum for Posting request

Sigger

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all.

I am re joining the Forces!

I am working on a memo to request a specific posting to stay close to my children for my first posting.
My questions are;

a) who should I address it to? Career Manager?
  b) Do I add a file number, or just my last three? If is the former, what file no?

Thank you for any help.

Are you in an established unit right now?  For file number I just looked at our schools file number idex and saw "5600-9 which is Postings and Transfers NCM-General".

I am not in any unit as of yet. I suppose I am still under the recruiters.

Thank you for the file number.

I don't know.  Putting in for a 'Compassionate Posting' on 'entry/reentry' to the CF could land up being a 'show stopper'.

I have considered that.
I doubt it would stop a show, but do you think it might be bordering on audacious?

Sigger said:
I have considered that.
I doubt it would stop a show, but do you think it might be bordering on audacious?

You doubt it?  I don't.

Sigger said:
I doubt it would stop a show,

If what you are asking for is a compassionate posting, it does indeed stop a show and not in a small way either.

You may want to read this before you do something you'll regret later.............seen that once or twice !!

http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/dao-doa/5000/5003-6-eng.asp

As long as the tone/words of the memo clearly indicate that you're merely asking that such a posting "be considered," rather than "compassionate" or otherwise administratively burdensome, I think it should be OK.

I don't see it as being different than listing three posting preferences -- which is apparently done only to provide the Career Manager with some chuckles.

Seen.

Journeyman said:
I don't see it as being different than listing three posting preferences
Exactly

I am basing the memo after a situation where after my 3's one mbr was given a posting to location x but due to the same reasons as myself submitted a memo requesting a posting to location y, and it was granted.

CDN Aviator said:
If what you are asking for is a compassionate posting, it does indeed stop a show and not in a small way either.

I am certainly not looking for a compassionate posting.. Perhaps someone could advise me if it seems as such.

Hmm. Definitely things to ponder..

I do not want to seem..  presumptuous but if I am given a posting to say, Edmonchuck, I assume that by submitting a memo requesting a consideration to be posted(at my last posting, and where I currently live) at a circumstantially favorable location, would they not consider the request?

Also, I could place in the memo the benefits to the CF financially, as I would not need to be moved..

Ideas?

You may not be asking for a "Compassionate Posting" officially, but you are still asking for a Posting for compassionate reasons. 

Yes, they may take your request into consideration, but in the end they do not have to comply with your desires to stay in your current location.  They will send you where they think you will be of the most use and get the most benefit from your employment.  Financially, they don't really care, as they move thousands of people annually.  You are only one of thousands, no different than any other.  The CF is hiring you, not the other way around.  You will be sent where they think it best, not where you think it best.

George Wallace said:
The CF is hiring you, not the other way around.  You will be sent where they think it best, not where you think it best.
I am quite aware and accepting of that. I appreciate your hardened approach, Mr. Wallace, and I am definitely listening to your advice.

Back to my original question, who shall the addressee be, if it comes to it?

Sigger said:
  a) who should I address it to? Career Manager? 
Address it to the office that is managing your re-enrolement file.  If it is a CFRC, then submit your request there.

George Wallace said:
You may not be asking for a "Compassionate Posting" officially, but you are still asking for a Posting for compassionate reasons. 
George, the difference is significantly more than symatics.  Everyday CF members request the next posting for reasons that include personnal/family concerns.  The guy has an opinion of where he would like to be posted initially - and he will have an initial posting.  Unless you have chosen to decline the opportunity everytime the CM asked where you wanted to be posted, you should give him a rest.

Back