• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Merit List

BarrelGutt

Inactive
Reaction score
Was told that my security clearance was being worked on.  CRS?....Reliability screening.  I'm hoping this should be my last step before being put on the merit list.  Anyone else live through this wait?

so far from what i have heard...its a long wait for almost everyone...stay patient man...and good luck

As of yesterday at the end of my interview, I was advised the background and reliability screening takes two weeks. He advised me if I have not heard anything within four weeks to call in.

There are a lot of factors that will determine how long your background checks take.  No idea what they are since mine went through very fast, however i have seen people around here state their took 6 months or more.  Just call back your recruitment centre every 30-45 days and ask if there has been any updates.

Good luck!

The company whom does all of the background checks and credit checks ( Guarda ) is really fast at processing members....

The group responsible for processing crim rec checks is backed up like a broken sewer drain right now....

It will happen , just wait for it !

Typically within a month or so if there are no issues you should hear something back!

I've been waiting for my medical to be reviewed since about mid-January, so close to a month and a half. Background check/security check went through fairly quickly before that.

The Captain had my background check report from Garda during my interview today, turns out they had conducted a check and didn't bother to inform me that they required additional information... :facepalm:

BlueAngels14 said:
The Captain had my background check report from Garda during my interview today, turns out they had conducted a check and didn't bother to inform me that they required additional information... :facepalm:

Same thing happened with me and Garda called me. I gave her the information right then and there and they didn't even do anything with it. The Captain I interviewed with just did the check for me and merit listed me right after.

Grimm_ said:
Same thing happened with me and Garda called me. I gave her the information right then and there and they didn't even do anything with it. The Captain I interviewed with just did the check for me and merit listed me right after.

Same here, the Captain I interviewed with also made the remaining calls herself after I provided the additional references. Now just awaiting my medical on April 7th and go from there.

Back