• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military service records

ChopperHead

Inactive
Reaction score
Im not sure where to post this so if it's the wrong area then I apologize.
Anyway I was wondering if anyone knows how I go about finding my Grandfathers service records he served in WW2 and Im kinda at a loss for where I could find this. Any help would be apreciated
thanx

Kyle

You'll have to make a request to the national archives in Ottawa in order to get a copy of it.  If he is still living, he'll have to sign a disclosure form of some sort to get a copy sent to him.  It takes some time to get a copy of the WW2 records but you should be able to get it.  Try to google Canadian veterans affairs and you may be able to go from there.  Good Luck.

PJ D-Dog.

Even though the National Archives is the main center for records it is not the only one, various universities have their own records. Easiest was is to do a "Google" search using your GrandFathers name, rank and unit, some of the older regiments still have their original service records online or they will know where to look.
I just did a search for someone else who was looking in the Archives, searching his name and unit listed the university of Saskatoon as an archive center, as well as his original unit had him listed.
There are a lot of different methods

good luck

ChopperHead said:
Im not sure where to post this so if it's the wrong area then I apologize.
Anyway I was wondering if anyone knows how I go about finding my Grandfathers service records he served in WW2 and Im kinda at a loss for where I could find this. Any help would be apreciated
thanx

Kyle

Try here:  http://www.rootsweb.com/~canmil/ancestor.htm

Back