• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Minutes format

kurokaze

Inactive
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the minutes format is?
I need to write a report in minutes format but
I don‘t know how it‘s supposed to be formatted.

thanks

Come on.. someone must have take meeting minutes before?

Basic meeting minute formats include a title of the group or company with address as well as the date at the very top centre (or left or right depending on office standards) of page followed by a list of all those who attended the meeting with their titles next to their names. Also at the top should be the point of the meeting. Why was it being held? The main body of the meeting contains all the subjects discussed which includes but isn‘t limited to proposals and agendas. Basically whatever was discussed. Also important to write names of those who brought up discussion items as well as the outcome of the group vote. Who made the motion and who second it. That‘s pretty much it.

This should also help.

http://www.meetingwizard.org/meetings/taking-minutes.cfm?re=6

Unless you‘re referring to "minutes" on a memo

Ie you write a memo to your section commander asking to be loaded on a course.

Your section commander puts a "1" in a circle at the top of the memo.

Proper format is to write a "2" in a circle below the signature block, room permitting, and continue from there.

For example

(2)
Pl WO -
I concur and recommend mbr for subj crse.
IP Freely
MCpl
Sec Comd

Then this passes up the chain, with the various "minutes" also being added to the bottom of the memo

(3)
CSM -
Concur
B Utthead
WO
1 Pl

(4)
OC "A" Coy -
Mbr has been consistent parader and has req TIR.
J Thomas
CSM

(5)
RSS WO
Please nom mbr for subj crse
M Courageous
Capt
OC "A" Coy

Confusingly, these are also known as "minutes"....

Back