• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Movement Claim Question...

MAJONES

Staff member
Directing Staff
Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all.  Quick question regarding movement of DF&E.  Is the cost of moving a privately owned aircraft covered for a DND move?  The clerk and I have been looking through the CFAOs and found one on moving RVs but that is it.  Anyone here dealt with this sort of situation before?

I have a *.pdf copy of the CFRPD for the 2008 APS. Send me a pm with your email if you would like a copy of it.

On page 81, section 9.3.04- RV / boat motorcycle/ ATV / trailer / snowmobile

CF members are entitled to the following reimbursements:
Custom benefit-Shipment of recreational vehicles (RVs), boats, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), trailers, utility trailers, motorcycles and snowmobiles.

Vehicles that are shipped with HG&E must be weighed separately.

Personalized benefit-When all custom funds have been expended.

Nothing is mentioned WRT personal aircraft.

You will have to ask this question to you IRP consultant for an answer

Pretty sure I read in last year's IRP Book that airplanes were not covered.

Max

I remember a member of the Regiment having his Glider packed up and moved back from Germany, so there has to be some document somewhere that will answer your questions.

Perhaps if you remove the engine(s) and shipped them seperately; then it would be considered a Glider?  ;D

It may fall under the Ministerial exception clause. 209.801(2) (Ministerial approval of relocation expenses)

Back