• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mozilla Firefox and Army.ca

Gayson

Inactive
Reaction score
I use Firefox as my primary browser.  When on this site all the buttons used to create, edit, quote etc do not show up.  I can still click the area where they should be and post away, however the buttons themselves seem to be invisible.

I use firefox too...works fine for me.  I find you need to keep updating to keep it running smooth though...

CHIMO,  Kat

Kat Stevens said:
I use firefox too...works fine for me.  I find you need to keep updating to keep it running smooth though...

CHIMO,  Kat

Same here. No issues at all with Firefox on this site. I did have issues a couple of weeks ago with conflicting extensions that caused crashing. Play with that and see if you can address your problem.

Are you by chance on a Mac? (Does Firefox exist for the Mac?)

If a Mac is running Mac OS X, then it can. I was browsing their website and found out that they have a support board here:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=38

Mike, (if you haven't done so) ask here and see what they have to say about Firefox and your forums.

Have you accidentally set firefox to block images from army.ca? This can be done by a right click.

Go to the tools menu, then choose options.

Click on web features (the globe) and pick the Exceptions button beside "Load images".

See if army.ca is in that list. If it is, remove it and the images should appear as normal after a reload.

Anyone know why my scroll feature doesn't work in firefox...

other than that... it beats Explorer

probably have to enable it in the tools menu

also, if you press the mouse wheel in, you will now 'open link in new tab' instead of putting that arrow (scroll pointer or some such thing) which IMO was always very annoying.

Thirstyson said:
Have you accidentally set firefox to block images from army.ca? This can be done by a right click.

Go to the tools menu, then choose options.

Click on web features (the globe) and pick the Exceptions button beside "Load images".

See if army.ca is in that list. If it is, remove it and the images should appear as normal after a reload.

That was the problem.  Thanks for your help!

I'm just wondering is this a Firefox quirk since the upgrade that puts a scrollbar into each post longer than 2 lines?

Thanks for the reminder... I've finally fixed the scrollbar problem. If anyone sees more issues (I.E. stuff that I broke in the process) please let me know.

Cheers
Mike

I still see scroll bars mike...

Shows up OK for me in Firefox and IE... Maybe you're using a cached copy of the style sheet, try CTRL-Reload/Shift-Refresh to force a new copy...

Back