• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Naval Dress Update - Naval Environmental Indicators - CADPAT

navymich

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
R 191431Z FEB 07
FM NDHQ CMS OTTAWA//ASST CMS//
TO CANFORGEN
BT
UNCLAS CANFORGEN 027-07 CMS 008-07
SIC WAN
SUBJ: NAVAL DRESS UPDATE - NAVAL ENVIRONMENTAL INDICATORS - CADPAT
BILINGUAL MESSAGE/MESSAGE BILINGUE
1.  FOR THE NAVAL ELEMENT THERE IS AN EXISTING NEED TO PRESERVE
ENVIRONMENTAL IDENTITY WHEN AUTHORIZED TO WEAR CADPAT/LWCC.  TO
ACHIEVE THIS AIM, THE INTRODUCTION OF DISTINCTIVE NAVY IDENTIFIERS,
SIMILAR TO THOSE CURRENTLY BEING WORN BY AIR FORCE PERSONNEL, IS
BEING INTRODUCED 
2.  APPROVED NAVY IDENTIFIERS FOR ALL NAVY DEU
PERSONNEL WHO ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR CADPAT/LWCC ARE AS FOLLOWS:
A.  DISTINCTIVE RANK INDICATORS (SLIP-ONS).  BLACK THREAD ON
CANADIAN AVERAGE GREEN (CAG) BACKGROUND,
B.  DISTINCTIVE NAMETAPE.  BLACK THREAD ON CAG BACKGROUND AND THE
NAVY INSIGNIA (ANCHOR) WORN ON THE LEFT OF THE NAMETAPE, AND
C.  BLACK T-SHIRT. THESE IDENTIFIERS WILL COMPLEMENT THE CURRENT
NAVY BLACK BERET APPROVED FOR WEAR WITH CAPDAT/LWCC
3.  DISTINCT NAVY IDENTIFIERS ARE APPROVED FOR WEAR WITH CADPAT/LWCC
IN CANADA DEPENDENT ON THE OPERATIONAL CONTEXT OF THE UNIT - IE. IN
NON-TACTICAL SITUATIONS AS DEEMED BY THE OPERATIONAL COMMANDER.
AUTHORIZATION ON OVERSEAS OPERATIONS WILL BE AT THE DISCRETION OF
THE THEATRE COMMANDER BASED ON THE OPERATIONAL SITUATION
4.  NAVY IDENTIFIERS ARE ONLY AUTHORIZED FOR WEAR WITH THE TEMPERATE
WOODLAND (TW) CADPAT/LWCC AND SHALL NOT BE WORN WITH OTHER CADPAT
DESIGNS (I.E. ARID)
5.  THE ACQUISITION OF DISTINCTIVE RANKS, DISTINCTIVE NAMETAPE, AND
THE BLACK T SHIRT IS IN PROGRESS AND WILL EVENTUALLY BE MADE
AVAILABLE TO AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL THROUGH EXISTING CLOTHING
DISTRIBUTION OUTLETS. THE QTY OF NAMETAPES, RANK SLIP-ONS AND
T-SHIRTS TO BE ALLOTTED FOR WEAR WITH CADPAT/LWCC WILL ALSO BE
PROMULGATED IN DUE COURSE
6.  IN THE INTERIM, AS AN OPTIONAL MEASURE, NAVY DEU PERSONNEL WHO
SO WISH, ARE AUTHORIZED TO ACQUIRE AND WEAR, AT NO COST TO THE
CROWN, A CREW NECK T-SHIRT WITHOUT LOGOS, JET BLACK IN COLOUR, 75
PERCENT COTTON (PLUS/MINUS 5 PERCENT) / 25 PERCENT POLYESTER
(PLUS/MINUS 5 PERCENT)
7.  FURTHER INFORMATION ON THE GENERAL AVAILABILITY OF THE
AFOREMENTIONED CADPAT/LWCC DRESS ITEMS WILL BE COMMUNICATED AS SOON
AS POSSIBLE
END OF ENGLISH TEXT/

signalsguy said:
Is Canadian Average Green olive drab?

I would think so too. It looks like the Navy learned from the Air Force and chose a more sensible route. You will at least be able to see the rank and name which is not necessarily the case with the blue on CADPAT combination. Interesting to note is that the RN went this same route with their naval ranks on combats. I'll have to show this to the RSM so I can wind him up.

ModlrMike said:
not necessarily the case with the blue on CADPAT combination.

We have just gone to Blue on OD for AF personel......

cdnaviator said:
We have just gone to Blue on OD for AF personel......

OOOO Ya I saw that this weekend when I was recruiting, and we had the lovely folks from Comox out with us. They had all OD nametapes and slipons, I was really confused! But... it works I guess :)

MedTech said:
OOOO Ya I saw that this weekend when I was recruiting, and we had the lovely folks from Comox out with us. They had all OD nametapes and slipons, I was really confused! But... it works I guess :)

Ya apparantly, the blue beret and t-shirt aren't enough of a give-away that someone is Air Force  :p

Seriously though, I wore the Army slips-ons (Sgt) for 5 years?  after CADPAT was issued to my unit...never once had a problem with someone seeing my rank.

Since my OT and change in rank/DEU to Cpl Air Force (less than 2 weeks ago), I have been saluted no less than 4 times here in the Mega...1 time by a recruit, once by an Army Cpl, once by a PO2 and once by a Sgt-Major.  Although I appreciate the complement to and belief in my command potential  :p I am hoping I can get some Canadian Average Green with Blue thread Cpl ranks soon so I don't have to keep looking like the junior officer who didn't return the salute (you can imagine how long it took the Sgt-Maj to veer around to address that...and the look on his face when he saw me standing there grinning with Cpl ranks on...)  ;D

IMHO, the entire blue/black coloured rank & nametape seems like a waste of funds.

Blue/Black berets an T-Shirts are suffient, and then theres the bird & anchor of the name tape. Do they really need to be coloured? I wouldn't be surprised that in 3 years time this entire thing is abandoned and the old green rank & name will come back.

Had my shirt bought and put on even before the printer cooled down from printing off a copy for my pocket to show all those who question!

PO2FinClk said:
IMHO, the entire blue/black coloured rank & nametape seems like a waste of funds.

Blue/Black berets an T-Shirts are suffient, and then theres the bird & anchor of the name tape. Do they really need to be coloured? I wouldn't be surprised that in 3 years time this entire thing is abandoned and the old green rank & name will come back.

Agreed.  :salute:

Of course, it won't change until everyone has there blue and black stuff bought and paid for by Joe and Jane Taxpayer, and then the CANFORGEN will come out saying "rank and names, GREEN for ALL".

That way, the people who make them don't go out of business.  ;D

Hmmm.....
Christians, muslims, sihks, budhists, nihlists, marxist leninists, nudists, airforce, navy

Don't you just hate these accomodations we're always kowtowing to?

Who are we going to accomodate next?... women? ;)

geo said:
Who are we going to accomodate next?... women? ;)

Spoken like a man.  Because a woman would know that we have always been accommodated, because it's always been, and always will be, about us.  8)

Hehe.... of course, cause it's a man's world :) but we can share.... really, I know I did it, uhhh..... about 1970.  I'm comfortable with my masculinity :)  really! :???

I agree, it seems like a waste of time and money just to wind up back with the regular green name tags in about 2 years. The clearance divers wear NCD's now and only are only supposed to wear the coveralls when they are doing diving operations on ship. However in the Clearance diving world who knows.
Marc

Volition, if you read the thread, you'd see that has already been answered.

Buy now, issued later.

Not sure if me wearing this black tshirt will flow well in little ol' CFB Shilo but we'll give it a shot. Ill tell them Army.ca told me to do it :)

Back