• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Naval Environmental Training Program ( NETP )

I can't tell you a darn thing about the course, but Victoria is a great place to live. What activities are you into? Short of running with bulls and bear baiting, we have almost everything here. Let us know what you like to do, and I'm sure us locals on the board can help you find a spot to go.

I will be starting my NETP soon in Esquimalt. Does anyone have any info or tips about it? What is the daily schedule like and what to expect from life in Esquimalt?
Thanks for any help!

Show up on time and in the correct dress and everything will fall into place.  It really is as simple as that.

What is NETP compared to BMQ L ? I am fully trained in the army and transfering to navy so I was just wondering if there is as much C.O.C.K. on navy courses as army.

Thanks.

rog101 said:
..... just wondering if there is as much C.O.C.K. on navy courses as army.
I've heard you'll be facing the other way....but you get rum even if it's not winter.  Rumours.  :dunno:

Journeyman said:
I've heard you'll be facing the other way....but you get rum even if it's not winter.  Rumours.  :dunno:

....and the lash, let's not forget the lash. Not as severe as it used to be apparently, just kind of a BDSM thing nowadays, or so I've heard.

rog101 said:
What is NETP compared to BMQ L ? I am fully trained in the army and transferring to navy so I was just wondering if there is as much C.O.C.K. on navy courses as army.

Thanks.

Ha ha, those guys are funny!

NETP is a completely different entity. It is environmental: shipboard fire fighting and flood control, sea survival, a bit of history/customs but unfortunately no longer sodomy and the lash-That is why Journeyman and recceguy opted not to join the senior service I hear!

Pat

Pat in Halifax said:
Ha ha, those guys are funny!

NETP is a completely different entity. It is environmental: shipboard fire fighting and flood control, sea survival, a bit of history/customs but unfortunately no longer sodomy and the lash-That is why Journeyman and recceguy opted not to join the senior service I hear!

Pat
But they were okay with the Rum. Everyone is okay with the Rum. Perhaps they heard the tale of the search for the elusive "Golden" rivet and made a hard right turn to (I presume) join the Army.

Sounds interesting (the sea survival and customs, maybe not so much the Winston Churchill stuff).  Is there a book or syllabus or agenda for NETP?  It's usually 4 to 6 weeks at Esquimault on the Orcas?

So what I gathered is that its not  as severe as Bmq L and more learning traditions and seamanship am I right? And oh ya lots of rum.

Severity can be a matter of perspective.  Sometimes you can spill your drink when the ship rolls.  Then there are also the clear plastic bags of puke....

Hey all, just had a couple questions...
Will i be issued a gas mask on NETP, or must I bring one there? It states that it is needed and to bring one but other sailors say differently...
And I just was wondering how the NAVCOMM QL3 is? Is it an enjoyable course?
Is there anything I can do to speed up my security clearance process?
Thanks and regards,

Jules Gittens said:
Hey all, just had a couple questions...
Will i be issued a gas mask on NETP, or must I bring one there? It states that it is needed and to bring one but other sailors say differently...
Thanks and regards,

1. Your gas mask will be issued to you either in basic or at NETP, as it is standard kit when you are on ship.

2. No. Enjoy morse code and waving flags.

3. No.

Jules Gittens said:

You can search NAVCOMM discussions.

Jules Gittens said:

https://www.google.ca/search?rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-CA%3AIE-Address&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&dcr=0&q=site%3Aarmy.ca++%22security+clearance%22&oq=site%3Aarmy.ca++%22security+clearance%22&gs_l=psy-ab.12...0.0.0.96080.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0.foo%2Cersl%3D1%2Cfett%3D1%2Cewh%3D0%2Cnso-enksa%3D0%2Cnso-enfk%3D1%2Cnso-usnt%3D1%2Cnso-qnt-npqp%3D0-1%2Cnso-qnt-npdq%3D0-45%2Cnso-qnt-npt%3D0-09%2Cnso-qnt-ndc%3D300%2Ccspa-dspm-nm-mnp%3D0-045%2Ccspa-dspm-nm-mxp%3D0-1125%2Cnso-unt-npqp%3D0-15%2Cnso-unt-npdq%3D0-25%2Cnso-unt-npt%3D0-06%2Cnso-unt-ndc%3D300%2Ccspa-uipm-nm-mnp%3D0-0075%2Ccspa-uipm-nm-mxp%3D0-0525...0...1..64.psy-ab..0.0.0.yzPFZEXiEwc

Jules Gittens was last active 10 May, 2017.

I merged the thread he created with the NETP discussion.

Back