• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Need Help Please

Susan

Inactive
Reaction score
My Father was with the Canadian Infantry Corp. ( Brockville Rifles) during WW2.   His Discharge Certificate says he was in the Canadian Army (Active) Connaught Range. Served in Canada   United Kingdom. I am trying to find out where in the United Kingdom he was stationed. I don't think he was in any battles I think he just stayed in England for the time. He would not talk about it with anyone. I have his number if that is of any help. I also have pictures of him with men in his unit. (Sorry if that is not what you call it but I'm new to all this).   His name was Charles William Currier.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You in advance
Susan

The First Canadian Army consisted of approx 250000 men, based in England and organized in two corps. They were moved back and forth across southern England to provide the illusion of British ability to defend herself in case of a German invasion.

With the information that you have; name, Regiment, and Service Number, you should be able to find out the information you want by contacting the Brockville Rifles and asking for their historian.  You can also try the Public Archives of Canada online or in person and see what they have.  The information that you want on locations will be recorded in their War Diaries, which are held at the Public Archives of Canada.

There are many souces of this information.  Your Public Library may have a copy of the history of the Brockville Rifles.  The Royal Canadian Legion sometimes has means to assist in finding this information, as does the actual unit, the Brockville Rifles.  There may be a member of that Regiment lurking here.  In the end, all military historical documents land up in the Public Archives of Canada.

http://www.collectionscanada.ca/services/005-220-e.html

GW

Back