• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Need help with capbadge....

CallOfDuty

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
  Hey there all...........quick question.  I've just OT'd to a log trade and am headed up to Borden next weekend.  I was told at supply that there are no logistics capbadges in the system anymore due to manufacturing issues.
  Is there anyone here in the Halifax area that has any extra logistics capbadges?? ;D
I'd hate to put a darn cornflake on my beret.

Cheers
C.O.D. :cdn:
 

BinRat55

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
1
Points
410
CallOfDuty said:
 I was told at supply that there are no logistics capbadges in the system anymore due to manufacturing issues...
   
I'd hate to put a darn cornflake on my beret.

Cheers
C.O.D. :cdn:

I haven't heard that one yet, have you Vern?  Secondly, if you are qualified 3's in your previous trade you can wear that cap badge.  You would not be made to wear a cornflake at CFSAL unless you are directly from basic.  If you are going to Supply, you will be handed your Log cap badge upon graduation of your QL3's.  Assuming there are any in the system.  ;)
 

PMedMoe

Army.ca Legend
Donor
Reaction score
764
Points
940
If you're an OT to a Log trade, wouldn't you continue wearing your previous cap badge until you are qualified in your new trade?  That's what I did when I went on my Med A QL3, I continued to wear the Log badge until grad.
 

BinRat55

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
1
Points
410
This is correct PMedMoe - Once one has earned the right to wear a branch insignia they may continue to do so until trumped by a newer branch qualification (Here's hoping I worded that correctly!!)  But I know you understand.  It's almost like following the last official order until given a new one.  I know some trades do issue the cap badge prior to grad in that trade, but we don't.

As for the Log cap badge being aloof in the system, can any Sup Techs in this forum shed any light for me, or was CallOfDuty working off rumor and speculation only?
 

axeman

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
as a remuster i know  when you OT when you get the notice at day X you will be a sup tech you are now a sup tech untrained which means you now wear that badge. or else  me and a fair number of  EX' what evers would cause the navy  a huge head ache as we wore our old badges. there was 8 on course 6 differnt  unit capbadges and only one direct to navy trainee
 

CallOfDuty

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
  Thanks for the replies guys........i can't imagine putting my navy anchor on my new blue beret! :eek:

The people at base suply told me about the capbadge shortage.
Cheers all.
 

PMedMoe

Army.ca Legend
Donor
Reaction score
764
Points
940
CallOfDuty said:
  Thanks for the replies guys........i can't imagine putting my navy anchor on my new blue beret! :eek:

Well, that makes sense.  We had people who had to wear cornflakes on our course as they no longer wore the right coloured beret for their respective cap badges.
 

kratz

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
122
Points
880
My DH was caught in Borden this fall without a beret while on TD.It was simple enough to buy one from base supply, but they informed her that the Log cap badge had to be purchased from the CFSAL canteen. Again, it was easy to buy the cap badge from the canteen as well.
 

armyvern

Army.ca Myth
Mentor
Reaction score
34
Points
530
BinRat55 said:
I haven't heard that one yet, have you Vern?  Secondly, if you are qualified 3's in your previous trade you can wear that cap badge.  You would not be made to wear a cornflake at CFSAL unless you are directly from basic.  If you are going to Supply, you will be handed your Log cap badge upon graduation of your QL3's.  Assuming there are any in the system.   ;)

Nope -- it's news to me. BSup in Borden must be out of stock because we have 'em here.

That being said, as Jim has stated -- you can wear your previous qual cap badge (you've earned it), and will be presented with the Loggie badge on grad parade (even IF the school needs to purchase them for you from the kitshop) ...

While you're there ... can you pick me up a new cummerbund for my Mess Kit -- I seem to have ruined mine. Chlorine -- swimming pools -- Mess Kit -- not exactly compatible. D'oh.
 

armyvern

Army.ca Myth
Mentor
Reaction score
34
Points
530
CallOfDuty said:
  Thanks for the replies guys........i can't imagine putting my navy anchor on my new blue beret! :eek:

The people at base suply told me about the capbadge shortage.
Cheers all.

Me thinks there may be a shortage there (makes sense -- that is where 90% of them get issued at) -- we have them here.  ;)
 

armyvern

Army.ca Myth
Mentor
Reaction score
34
Points
530
PMedMoe said:
Well, that makes sense.  We had people who had to wear cornflakes on our course as they no longer wore the right coloured beret for their respective cap badges.

In his case, I'd rather fork out the $2.39 cents to pick up a log badge in the CFSAL kit shop rather than wear the cornflake. It's right beside the QL3 classrooms, you pass it to get coffee, and to go for a smoke and each and every time you enter/leave the School.

That's what I'd be doing on day one -- first smoke break.
 

CallOfDuty

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
  I'm now in my airforce uniform, and walking around Halifax all day...... everyone is staring at my cornflake...lol.
  Sgt Shulz.------PM inbound..... ;D
 
 

BinRat55

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
1
Points
410
ArmyVern said:
While you're there ... can you pick me up a new cummerbund for my Mess Kit -- I seem to have ruined mine. Chlorine -- swimming pools -- Mess Kit -- not exactly compatible. D'oh.

Hmmm... were you wearing it on your head again Vern?  Didn't see where you were going, hmmm?

Ref mess kit - PM inbound...
 

CallOfDuty

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
  For future reference to anyone who may care.........if you are going to Borden and will be at PRETC.........even for a day or two...you must wear the cornflake!

The WO in charge of PRETC made us take our new trade badges off.......for about 5 hours.........then when we cleared out of PRETC, we had to be taken to the QM to have them sewed back on,lol.
Cheers
COD
 
M

MikeL

Guest
When did that rule come into effect? When I was in PRETC I was able to wear my capbadge, same with all the other ex Reservists and guys who OT'd. We earned the badges and no one questioned it or gave us a problem. Least when I was there back in '06.



Also, I got told the same thing by Base Supply about not being able to get my capbadge(Signals). Something about waiting for a contract to make them being sorted out. Something like that anyways.
 

Sub_Guy

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
460
OT into new trade, wear new trade badge, you do not have to revert to a cornflake.


From basic on to your QL3 you can wear your cornflake, but you will be wearing your new badge within a week, two if you are lazy.

PRETC sounds like a good place to be!  Too bad I won't get to experience it, but I do hear nothing but good things about it.

 

Neon

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
60
CallOfDuty said:
  For future reference to anyone who may care.........if you are going to Borden and will be at PRETC.........even for a day or two...you must wear the cornflake!

The WO in charge of PRETC made us take our new trade badges off.......for about 5 hours.........then when we cleared out of PRETC, we had to be taken to the QM to have them sewed back on,lol.
Cheers
COD

Couple of points - there is a major in charge of PRETC, not a WO. If a person goes to PRETC on OT or CT, they continue to wear their existing capbadge and not the Cornflake. However, those who have not yet earned a particular cap badge will wear the Cornflake until they are MOC/MOSID qualified. For EME that is usually once they complete their CET course. Not sure when COD was at PRETC, but a lot of things have changed over the last three years.
 

Weezer23

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
60
Hey,

I know it's a dusty old tread but i'm wondering. I just ct'ed from reserve armoured to reg F med tech and
Was wondering if the unwritten law stating that a qualified ql3 may continue to wear his previous capbadge
Until graduation of the new trade ql3. But since I have an armoured beret and switching to green..am I still allowed to wear it?

Cheers!
 

PMedMoe

Army.ca Legend
Donor
Reaction score
764
Points
940
Weezer23 said:
Hey,

I know it's a dusty old tread but i'm wondering. I just ct'ed from reserve armoured to reg F med tech and
Was wondering if the unwritten law stating that a qualified ql3 may continue to wear his previous capbadge
Until graduation of the new trade ql3. But since I have an armoured beret and switching to green..am I still allowed to wear it?

Cheers!

If my QL3 course memory is correct (and the rules haven't changed).....no, you will not be allowed.
 
Top