• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Need some insight in choosing a MOC

metilhed

Inactive
Reaction score
I recently completed my CFAT and was told i did " very well" I now hold before me a page filled with possible MOCs. During my interview after we talked about the diploma i hold in music and i we talked about me becoming a " Musician."  Originally i thought, Wow how awesome would it be to get paid doing something that is second nature to me, but upon talking to some cpls in the reserve unit ill be going into, they were telling me that musicians dont get the same training as infantry or anything else. Looking at my list, although i have alot of Tech and Mech jobs, infantry is the one that i just picture myself doing.

I am just curious as to wether someone in the infantry can still play the pipes, or someone playing the pipes can still do the infantry training? I think in all honesty id rather be infantry doing the pipes and not the other way around.

thanks!

You have a lot of Tech and Mech jobs on your list.. k I get the Tech part but whats a Mech job?  I just know Mech as Mechanized.

Anyways, yes there are Infantrymen, etc who are pipers, etc.

If you search around the forums you will see that one of the members on the boards is an Infantryman in a Highlander Regiment an is a piper, an he brought his pipes to Afghanistan, etc

Mechs!      ::)

You know darn well who Mechs are.  They are the guys who fix and keep your LAV on the road.

Back