• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New CT process

The_Falcon

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
There is a CANFORGEN out that explains that CT's are now done through DGCM on thier site (both inter/intra) as of Feb 1, and no longer through CFRC's.  I am not at a DIN computer so I can't post the CANFORGEN here at the moment.

Can anyone copy/paste that CANFORGEN here please? I would like to know if this applies to new applicants only or also to those who have a CT already initiated.

I was told this too, but I also don't have access to the DIN so can't get the details. If anyone has the ability, could they please paste the CANFORGEN for us lesser peons?

GAP said:
Is this a good thing?

Time will tell I guess, the message seems to indicate the process will be faster by eliminating the need for a middleman (CFRC's), but until people actually start using it and going though it, its anyones guess.

Yeah well, moving it to the CFRCs was supposed to make it faster. We all saw how that worked out....

The new form and the email address are available on EMAA under career options. The form seemed simple enough, cotained basic information like name, unit, desired CT type, desired element, it even asks on which date the applicant would like to transfer.

Sig_Des said:
Yeah well, moving it to the CFRCs was supposed to make it faster. We all saw how that worked out....

Mine wasn't too bad, although I've heard lots of horror stories about others.  The biggest problem I did notice was when wanting to apply for "remuster-only" trades.  They weren't available for entry level through CFRC and therefore it was a huge hurdle to get across.

CANFORGEN 009/08 CMP 005/08 171641Z JAN 08
CANADIAN FORCES COMPONENT TRANSFER - PRIMARY RESERVE TO REGULAR
UNCLASSIFIED

REFS: A. ADM(HR-MIL) INSTRUCTION 07/05 COMPONENT TRANSFER
B. DAOD 5002-3 COMPONENT AND SUB COMPONENT TRANSFER

1.     THE INTENT OF THIS MESSAGE IS TO PROVIDE ADVANCED NOTICE OF IMPROVEMENTS THAT ARE BEING MADE TO COMPONENT TRANSFER (CT) PROCEDURES FROM THE PRIMARY RESERVE (PRES) TO THE REGULAR FORCE (REGF). THE CHANGES WILL TAKE EFFECT 1 FEB 08 AND ARE CONSISTENT WITH OTHER TOTAL FORCE CONCEPT INITIATIVES RECOGNIZING THAT PERSONNEL OF THE PRES HAVE ALREADY BEEN PROCESSED AND ENROLLED VIA THE RECRUITING PROCESS AND PRESENTS THE CT PROCEDURE AS BEING ADMINISTRATIVE IN NATURE

2.     REF A DEFINES CT AS THE TRANSFER FROM ONE COMPONENT TO ANOTHER. IN ITS SIMPLEST FORM, A SERVICE PERSON OF THE PRES WHO IS MOS QUALIFIED WILL SUBMIT A REQUEST TO TRANSFER COMPONENTS INTO THE SAME REGF MOS. A SUITABLE ESTABLISHED REGF POSITION WILL THEN BE IDENTIFIED AND THE APPLICABLE ADMINISTRATIVE ACTION TAKEN TO EFFECT THE TRANSFER. IN OTHER CASES THERE MAY BE ADDITIONAL CAREER ACTIONS THAT WILL PRECEDE THE CT AND COULD INCLUDE REQUESTS THAT INVOLVE OCCUPATION TRANSFER (OT), COMMISSIONING OR APPLICATION FOR SUBSIDIZED EDUCATION. IN SUCH CASES THE PRECEDING CAREER ACTIONS ARE GUIDED BY SEPARATE REGULATIONS. A POSITIVE OUTCOME TO THESE CAREER ACTIONS WILL TRIGGER THE ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESS OF A CT. WHETHER THE CT IS CONDUCTED ALONE (IE: SKILLED - PRES INFMN TO REGF INFMN) OR IN COMBINATION WITH ANOTHER CAREER ACTION IT WILL BE PREMISED UPON QUOTE ALL OTHER THINGS BEING EQUAL, CF PERSONNEL WISHING TO CT WILL BE GIVEN PRIORITY OVER CIVILIANS HAVING NO FORMER SERVICE REQUESTING ENROLMENT UNQUOTE. AS SUCH THE ACCOUNTING OF THESE TRANSFERS WILL REMAIN PART OF THE EXTERNAL STRATEGIC INTAKE PLAN

3.     UNDER THE NEW CONSTRUCT DMCARM WILL BE ASSIGNED THE RESPONSIBILITY TO FACILITATE THE TRANSFER. DMCARM S PHYSICAL PROXIMITY TO CAREER AND OCCUPATION MANAGERS WILL EXPEDITE THE PROCESS BY ELIMINATING THE INVOLVMENT OF MIDDLE AGENCIES. PRES PERSONNEL DESIRING A CT WILL SUBMIT A CT REQUEST DIRECTLY TO DMCARM VIA INTERNET OR DWAN. DMCARM WILL INFORM THE APPROPRIATE CHAIN OF COMMAND OF THE REQUEST AND DETERMINE THE PROCESSING REQUIREMENT FOLLOWING A REVIEW OF THE MPRR

4.     IMPORTANT TO THE PROCESS WILL BE THE COMPLETENESS AND ACCURACY OF MPRR DATA - USING THIS ELECTRONIC DATA WILL EXPEDITE THE PROCESS BY GREATLY REDUCING THE REQUIREMENT TO TRANSFER PAPER DOCUMENTS. QUALIFICATIONS, EMPLOYMENT HISTORY, MEDICAL AND PHYSICAL FITNESS, AND SECURITY CLEARANCE DATA WILL BE USED IN THE DETERMINATION PROCESS. CONCERN HAS BEEN EXPRESSED WITH REGARD TO RESERVE UNITS ACCESSIBILITY TO RESOURCES REQUIRED TO ENSURE A PRES SERVICE PERSON DESIRING CT IS READIED FOR TRANSFER IN A TIMELY MANNER. IN CASES REQUIRING ADDITIONAL SCREENING CFRC RESOURCES WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE TO PROVIDE ANY DELTA PROCESSING THAT MAY BE REQUIRED TO EFFECT THE TRANSFER. THE RESULTS OF THE PROCESSING WILL BE UPDATED BY THE PRES SERVICE PERSONS URS - TO INCLUDE HRMS

5.     A SERIES OF COMMUNIQUES WILL BE PRODUCED OVER THE COMING MONTHS TO PROVIDE ADDITIONAL DETAILS OF THIS INITIATIVE

6.     CHANGE MANAGEMENT PLAN COORDINATOR IS LCDR D.E. KING,(613)996-5344

7.     SIGNED BY MGEN W. SEMIANIW, CMP

When is the internet sight supposed to be up and running?

Here is the new form, you fill it out save as an email attachment and send to one of the emails at the bottom of the form.

It might not save as a .doc but it will open in word if you right click and use the open with function. 

Has anyone used this yet, and received atleast an acknowledgement from DMilC?

Well the form has been downloaded over 200 times, so there are people out there who are at least thinking about it.  I may still yet CT, (other things on my plate right now), but I am curious as well, the new process has been in "effect" for almost 2 months now, so someone must have some insight :-\

Hatchet Man, I get the impression you're working with/at CFRC? I called Toronto and they are mainly "in the dark" about this process. They aren't even sure who the applications are going to, being without any contact information.

From this thread:
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/58713/post-689213.html
BlueDuck commented on this:
For the poster who asked about how the process is going...

He has found the timeline since Feb. to basically be three weeks from the time you apply to when the decision is made.  From here he has found the standard to be - some type of notification in the first few days to first week in the form of a reply to the E-mail provided on the application. At that point eligibility and suitability is determined. (For me, I do know I hold the qualifications for eligibility - some people may not already have their "i"s and "t"s complete.)

For suitability - an interview is usually set up with a CFRC (and perhaps sometimes the Unit) - either DMCARM will direct the CFRC to set it up, or may ask the candidate to call and request a booking. After that final paperwork is completed - it goes back to the people who man the trade in Ottawa and depending on if you are suitable and the numbers allow - you will be given an offer.

I have no clue as to the timeline when found suitable, but there is no position available.

Just an update:

I was contacted about my CT this morning, by a clerk from NDHQ. Apparently the new method is being used frequently, and the staff are having trouble keeping up with the amount of files.

popnfresh said:
Hatchet Man, I get the impression you're working with/at CFRC? I called Toronto and they are mainly "in the dark" about this process. They aren't even sure who the applications are going to, being without any contact information.

Nope I don't have anything to do with recruiting, just an interest in the CT process.

Back