• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Job?

darkskye

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

I am starting a new job on Monday and I have 2 weeks worth of training. This job is definitely not permanent as I have obvioulsy applied to the Canadian Forces. My interview will be in the next 2 weeks and I need advice. The training hours for the new job are the same hours of the receruting center 8:00 - 16:00, so I am not sure what I should do if I am called for my interview. <b>I am definitely not a liar, so please don't take me as one.</b> What should I tell my employer? Car troubles, I am sick, I have to take my grandmother to the hospital, or the god honest truth, I have an interview with the Canadian Forces? I am going to try to get the interview near the beginning of the day or the end, so I won't miss much training.

Hi Rezz,

I would politely explain your situation to the recruiter when you are contacted to schedule your interview.  I am sure they wouldn't mind setting up the interview after your orientation/training is complete with your current employer.  I would think that this would demonstrate maturity to the recruiter and keep your current employer satisfied as you would not miss any training.  Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Hello teeingoff,

Thanks, good idea.

I've applied for SigOps and there are only 36 available positons left, so I am just worried they might be filled within the next 2 weeks.

So it's quite possible I won't get an interview until after the 2 weeks too, so maybe I have to wait and see when I get the call.

Don't drive yourself crazy worrying about getting into one of those "36" slots.  One thing the members of this forum have taught me is that the numbers change without a moments notice and the trades can open and close just the same.  You may or may not get one of those slots, but in the meantime, focus on bettering yourself any way you can to become more competitive in the process.  I applied to the Canadian Forces in November/09, completed the CFAT, medical, interview and am now waiting to get loaded onto MPAC.  It is a cumbersome process.  Just hang in there and eventually things will work out.

Rezz please remove the Pte insignia from your avatar as you have not yet earned the right to wear it....some members might take offence to it...

ARMY.CA MENTOR

Rezz said:
Hello teeingoff,

Thanks, good idea.

I've applied for SigOps and there are only 36 available positons left, so I am just worried they might be filled within the next 2 weeks.

But, it's quite possible I won't get an interview until after the 2 weeks too, so maybe I have to wait and see when I get the call.
I wouldn't worry about it, if you want to be a Sig Op they'll find a way to get you in the trade.

Back