• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New recruiting booking mandate?

JBoyd

Inactive
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with my file manager at CFRC Vancouver, I had called to find out when I could or would have my Interview and Medical booked. My file manager explained to me that currently they have a cease on all bookings and that when they resume booking they will only be booking for the 13 'hot' trades. Being that my first choice is AESOP and my other choices are not any of the 'hot' trades I was told that I would pretty much be at the bottom of the list. Does anyone know anything more about this?

that's a new one... :\  hopefully one of the CFRG people can enlighten you

Had the same problem, they told me they were re-organizing... This was after 8 weeks of waiting, and phoning everyday for 2 weeks (but there phones have issues). Anyways, my buddy signed up and I went to talk to them in person. I got blown off after a quick attempt to find out what was going on. So I joined my buddy and the guy that was helping him was really really helpful. So I asked him about it, and he didn't know what they meant. 5 minutes later he booked me for everything. As well as my buddy that signed up at that moment.

The centres have been working to the priority occupations for some time now.  It isn't an 'on/off' thing however; each location commander is responsible for ensuring that when there is a choice to be made on which file to work on first, the priority files get the work done before getting to the remainder.  This doesn't mean the files not in the 'priority' file won't get attention, just that they won't get it first.

MKO

Ok that is good to know. In the mean time it gives me lots of time to get into great shape while I wait

That's wierd that they seem to be primarily booking the "hot jobs" as i have applied for avn which is one of those and they tell me that the training is backlogged.
I'm considering giving them my 2nd and 3rd choice of jobs since i only applied for one.

Supra, that's a great idea for everyone, no matter what you are thinking of doing.  It increases your chances of being picked up rather than putting all your eggs in one basket, unless you are VERY focused on that one job.  Given the wide range we have however, there are many that are in the same general area although each has a specific focus of course.

MKO

Back