• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New recruiting numbers

pylon

Inactive
Reaction score
To everyone with an application in place or thinking about it, the new recruiting numbers for 07/08 are out( SIP, strategic intake plan).  I don't have all of the numbers, so please don't ask.  I found out from my CFRC yesterday, so I know what is available for the trades I applied for (CT).  Just a friendly notice for all you people chomping at the bit to call and ask your file manager.

Just goes to show how fortunate the members of this site have been over the last couple years to have Kincanucks in recruiting.

Good luck all,

kc

This is great news.. I've been waiting for my RC to retrieve my previous file/VFS (got out last Sept during bmq) and call me for my interview/medical date maybe things might move faster now...It's been a month since I reapplied and while I know people will say that's nothing, to me it's felt longer (especially after waiting 6 to reapply). 

Just goes to show how fortunate the members of this site have been over the last couple years to have Kincanucks in recruiting.

Thank you for that.  I don't know why someone hasn't taken over the service that I had provided but I guess all that information has become a state secret now.  It is too bad because I know some senior people occasionally hang about here and a need to continue the service could have been noticed. 8)

I can only agree with that and tell you again, kincanucks, for your unbelievable help here.
How grateful I was back in 2005 for all your assistance and patience and "straight out no b/s" answers.
I came back here today to look up some info for a friend and see that you're still very active.  Amazing dedication.  Thank you for you!

kincanucks said:

Thank you for that.  I don't know why someone hasn't taken over the service that I had provided but I guess all that information has become a state secret now.  It is too bad because I know some senior people occasionally hang about here and a need to continue the service could have been noticed. 8)

I'm posted at CFRC Vancouver through the end of summer ... I'm not a Recruiter or MCC, but for anyone that wants them I can generally get answers pretty quickly.

Hello,

I'm just a Mom of a new member of the CF (who's currently in BMQ).  She's been offered a position as a Med Tech.  I've been trying to find a copy of the Strategic Intake Plan as mentioned in several threads here, but can't find it.  No luck either on the DND pages.  Can anyone direct me to this document?  I'm just curious to see how many medic positions were open this year. 

MOSID o0334 Medical Technician 07/08 numbers (Current Fiscal year).

Land 136
Sea 29
Air 29

The 08/09 SIP is NOT finalized yet but it's coming soon. You won't find it on the web as it is an internal living document. The new CT process DMCA is not using the SIP vacancies, they deal directly with the career managers in NDHQ.

doucelotus said:
I can only agree with that and tell you again, kincanucks, for your unbelievable help here.
How grateful I was back in 2005 for all your assistance and patience and "straight out no b/s" answers.
I came back here today to look up some info for a friend and see that you're still very active.  Amazing dedication.  Thank you for you!

Yes! Thank you kincanucks for your assistance!
Much information you made available over the last year really answered many the questions I had waiting for my offer.  :salute:

Thank you so much CFR FCS for getting that information for me.

Mothers can be a curious bunch - especially when they know nothing about something to which their child is so committed! But I am learning.

CFR FCS said:
MOSID o0334 Medical Technician 07/08 numbers (Current Fiscal year).

Land 136
Sea 29
Air 29

The 08/09 SIP is NOT finalized yet but it's coming soon. You won't find it on the web as it is an internal living document. The new CT process DMCA is not using the SIP vacancies, they deal directly with the career managers in NDHQ.

Fantastic information, this has really helped me alot. Im thinking I shouldve maybe chosen land as opposed to Air in my application. But thank you again nonetheless.

Med Techs are purple, if they really want you, they will offer you whatever your fit in, even if land wasn't your first choice. Element doesn't matter for something like a med tech though, you could be wearing an air force uniform and be working with a field ambulance unit.

Seeing the med tech numbers is the best part of my day! I have been getting worried that there won't be any positins left after i finish up my chemistry (still kicking myself for not taking it in highschool) well half way done!  Offically done lesson 10, mid-term on wednesday! then 10 more lessons to go!

Does anyone know what occupations are available for CEOTP this year?  And numbers if possible?

Thanks
Neil

I would like to know the above as well.

According to my local CFRC those numbers for CEOTP will probably not be availible until at least April 1st...maybe as late as the 15th. If I get any info on them I'll be sure to post it.

derael said:
According to my local CFRC those numbers for CEOTP will probably not be availible until at least April 1st...

Well geeze, what a surprise. April 1st being the start of the new fiscal year and all, i'm shocked they wouldnt have their numbers until then. Truely shocking.

[/sarcasm]

I'm thinking of doing a CT and an OT from 215 to a 052 any idea how many positions are open ?

Component Transfers are handled directly by DMCA now so the "numbers" your CFRC has don't matter. It's a different process now. There was a CANFORGEN out and your Orderly Room will have details.   

Has anyone experienced this new model and how it compares to the previous faster transfer process?

Could you explain how the numbers are different with the new CT process? I know it is handled by DMCARM - but how does that translate?

I ask as I am currently undergoing a CT to PAO - I have a PR degree and have nine years of former NCM RegF service before I joined the ResF as a LogO. I actually left the military to finish the degree (only available during working hours and could not get the time off) and did so with the intention to rejoin.

I understand there are currently no positions of the 'regular' PAO numbers until April 1 from the Halifax CFRC. It was actually just today I sent the request for CT as I needed to update several items first.

I'm just wondering if there is a 'second set' of positions available - if that might speed up my timeline should they find me suitable. I've been told this new Feb. 1 process is supposed to be much faster. I guess I will soon know firsthand!  :)

Thanks for any insight!

CFR FCS said:

Part of the CANFORGEN outlining the new CT process states

WHETHER THE CT IS CONDUCTED ALONE (IE: SKILLED - PRES INFMN TO REGF INFMN) OR IN COMBINATION WITH ANOTHER CAREER ACTION IT WILL BE PREMISED UPON QUOTE ALL OTHER THINGS BEING EQUAL, CF PERSONNEL WISHING TO CT WILL BE GIVEN PRIORITY OVER CIVILIANS HAVING NO FORMER SERVICE REQUESTING ENROLMENT UNQUOTE. AS SUCH THE ACCOUNTING OF THESE TRANSFERS WILL REMAIN PART OF THE EXTERNAL STRATEGIC INTAKE PLAN

It seems CTs are still subject to strategic intake plan vacancies, or am I missing something?

Back