• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

NO HONOR AMONG THIEVES !

govenor_mac

Inactive
Reaction score
It just behooves me as to why a fellow CF member would go into another fellow CF members room, through the night while they are sleeping and steal their personal items. Yes, The items should either have not been there or else locked up but the CF is supposed to be a family. Why would they do such a thing to a fellow family member. For shame to whomever would do such a thing. Hope you get caught and PUNISHED !

Better to be caught by the MP's rather than their fellow soldiers.

We had a kid stealing peoples uniforms, he tried to exchange them at base supply for his size, he was caught because he neglected to remove the name tags of the owners.  ::)

The title No Honour among thieves....

means between thieves in general... not between a thief and a good/honest person......

Thus.. are you implying the person who had their stuff stolen is also a thief?  ;) ;) ;D

Standards dropped, some bizarre interpretations 'Human Rights' were enforced with Draconian stringency, and nobody was allowed to punish wrong-doers for years. Now we have rampant thievery and blatant dishonesty.

10 years ago, we never locked our doors or lockers. Now, troops steal from each other at every opportunity.

paracowboy said:
10 years ago, we never locked our doors or lockers. Now, troops steal from each other at every opportunity.

Exactly, toss your wallet in your locker and head down for a shower without locking the doors.  Anyone caught stealing had a party thrown for them that involved a fire blanket.

Trinity said:
The title No Honour among thieves....

means between thieves in general... not between a thief and a good/honest person......

Thus.. are you implying the person who had their stuff stolen is also a thief?   ;) ;) ;D

Your last sentence, is that in reference to "govenor_mac" reference that the items shouldn't have been there ??.

Just trying to figure out the moral or point.

Cheers.

its a play on words...  no moral point involved

No honour among thieves, insinuates that both parties involved were thieves

I doubt gov_mac  meant to imply that he himself was a thief.

However...  one man, one kit!
I lived in Toronto for 32 years, if you leave it out... it won't be there for long.

gov_mac, I assume that this has to do with your son in Borden?

I agree that it's a shame this happens.  Whatever happened to "if you can't trust your messmates...", but on the other hand, there is always someone keeping an eye on shineys.  It's too bad that people have to learn the hard way who they can and cannot trust.

Trinity said:
its a play on words...  no moral point involved

No honour among thieves, insinuates that both parties involved were thieves

I doubt gov_mac  meant to imply that he himself was a thief.

However...  one man, one kit!
I lived in Toronto for 32 years, if you leave it out... it won't be there for long.

Thanks, just puzzled. Re: T.O. here in Montreal you probably would get arrested for leaving it out.

navymich said:
gov_mac, I assume that this has to do with your son in Borden?

I agree that it's a shame this happens.  Whatever happened to "if you can't trust your messmates...", but on the other hand, there is always someone keeping an eye on shineys.  It's too bad that people have to learn the hard way who they can and cannot trust.

Good point. And how much could you trust that person when the chips were down and your lives depended on it.

It must  really be discouraging to know that there might be a piece of Sh.. like that in your Barracks or Unit.

Cheers.

Guys bang other members wives when they are oversea's.  Can you really be shocked by theft.  What's the saying, "I trust you with my life but not my money or my wife.  And yes I find both destructive.

Some advise from someone whose trade badge is a lock and key.

Be polite to everyone but trust no one.

paracowboy said:
Standards dropped, some bizarre interpretations 'Human Rights' were enforced with Draconian stringency, and nobody was allowed to punish wrong-doers for years. Now we have rampant thievery and blatant dishonesty.

That is truly sad.  I hate to sound like that one of those old fossils who always drones on about how it was better in the "old" army but in this case it seems justifiable.   As macqueen points out soldiers of a generation ago took care of the buddy-f**king SOB, call it a blanket party, call it a regimental shower,  call it taking out the trash in today's parlance, without tefloning responsibilty off  to formal mechanisms .   But whatever it was called that sort of rough and tumble  justice meted out before the MPs came was not only tacitly sanctioned but extraordinarily effective.   Watch one thief run the gauntlet before "falling down the stairs"  a few times was enough to make anybody think twice before even considering ripping something off.   

Quagmire said:
Guys bang other members wives when they are oversea's.  Can you really be shocked by theft.  What's the saying, "I trust you with my life but not my money or my wife.  And yes I find both destructive.

Well that's a  Blase' attitude , but maybe its because it by someone who has never lived and shared a  "H' Hut with 240 other Soldiers, (forgive the exclusion of the other Services).

It must be real comforting to those personnel now shipping out and very flattering to the Garrison Troops.

Maybe you do find it destructive, but this is certainly not the place to mention it, even jokingly.

Colin P said:
Better to be caught by the MP's rather than their fellow soldiers.

We had a kid stealing peoples uniforms, he tried to exchange them at base supply for his size, he was caught because he neglected to remove the name tags of the owners.  ::)

Should be beaten for stealing AND stupidity  :blotto:

Honesty and loyalty are the things missing from someone who has the gonads to steal from you.  Christ, it has always happened but with the "banning" of barrack-room justice, it seem to have risen. 

I remember going to work at the Armd School in '94 or so, we got our briefing from our WO at TSS.  It went something like this...

"2 things I hate, liars and thieves.  If you get caught lying, I will beat you!  If you get caught stealing here, EVERYONE will beat you.  And YES, I WILL turn and look the other way.  Questions????"

Thats just they way it was, it was explained to me that theft is next to impossible to prove in the military by the requirements of the description of the charge under the NDA (thinking back to a RCR MWO who explained this to us during Mil Law on CLC in '93), so the system unofficially left it with the troops to deal with it...

However, while it might seem to be increasing, it has ALWAYS been around, and probably always will because some sad sack of shite will always want what isn't his or hers...doesn't make it right, but the biggest deterrent that WAS around has been taken away.  You know, the party, the one with the blankets and everyone came to it.

We had a summer in Gtown where our courses had to post a "guard" in the laundry room, 'cause someone was making off with everything.  Never got caught and probably would have visited the Base Hospital for an extended stay if we would have ever caught the SOB...

*editted for poor English skills

This is why I'm against blanket parties

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/09/02/fatal.beating.ap/index.html

Because if you don't catch the guy absolutely red handed...
and you just think someone is guilty or someone frames
someone else.. and that's not hard, the next thing we know
the wrong person is getting the beats.

Sometimes... it is just best to leave it up to the MP's.

Trinity said:
This is why I'm against blanket parties

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/09/02/fatal.beating.ap/index.html

Because if you don't catch the guy absolutely red handed...
and you just think someone is guilty or someone frames
someone else.. and that's not hard, the next thing we know
the wrong person is getting the beats.

Sometimes... it is just best to leave it up to the MP's.

Well there is always 2 sides to a coin, and you Padre just made me look at the other one. 

But, well, in my own experience,  no one that was not "caught with their hand in the cookie jar" would ever be "discplined".  I never took part in a party, or was on a course where one happened, but other stuff DID happen (mostly to the stinky slugs that didn't shower...).

I am aware of one that involved locks and socks, and some people got nailed that time...no turning a blind eye that time from the CoC.

padre, give it up. When everyone lives together, they KNOW who's a thief, who's got the best TV, whose Mom sends the best cookies, etc. Beatings are were handed out when deserved, and everyone, INCLUDING the guilty party knew it. There are were no secrets among troops.

But, that's back when everyone left their doors open, hung out in the common room, partied in the hallways, etc. Now, they all lock their doors behind them, plug into their computer games, and never talk to each other.

Part of that, though, I blame on the constant shrinking of their rooms. Poor bastards are living in rooms the same size as my walk-in closet. And no, I'm not exaggerating. Fucking tiny! Who wants to hang out in something that depressing?

Thus.. are you implying the person who had their stuff stolen is also a thief?   ;) ;) ;D
[/quote]

My son is as honest as the day is long. He was taught at an early age that stealing and lying were wrong and had consequences which he didn't partictularly like. He either waited until we could afford it or did without. He never wanted anything bad enough that he had to steal it.Thank God for that.

Back