• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Not sure if I should post this...it's going to PO some people....

ab136

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm not posting this to brag by any means. I just want to give some hope to guy/gal who have not gotten very far in the app process.  Ok.  Don't be pi**ed at me.  I had my interview and medical on Wed.  My interview; I thought I bombed but I was told I did alright. The Doctor who did my medical was from Borden. She was helping out in Halifax and she told me she is one of the two who evaluate medicals in Borden.  She only in that office for two days. She OK'ed my medical before I left the office.  How luck was that.  I do my Physical next week. Hope everything goes good?!?

Most unusual.
Please direct her to Calgary if you see her again!  ;D
Its obscene that the CF has only two people reviewing medicals. The amount of time and paper work it takes to join the military (particularly reserves) both enrages and sickens me. I could have sworn the CF needed personnel...so why not streamline the process?
There is so much redundancy in the paperwork, a simple spreadsheet or computer program could turn 30 forms into 3.

Hmmm, only 2 docs signing off the part 3 recruiting medicals?

Maybe that's because one of the most acute shortages in the CF is Medical Officers?

Hey ab thats great news.  But I'm a bit confused, I had the impression you had already done all of this and were already merit listed?  Regardless, great news and hope you get a quick offer.

No not merit listed. Not sure how you got that idea.  I hope to be on the list soon.  From what I've been reading....I could be on the "list" for quite a whiile...... :p

I just came from working in CFRC Ottawa for the past 6 months, and boy...does there ever need to be an overhauling.  Don't get me wrong, the people that work in recruiting do a damn good job for the most part.  One of the biggest problems I can see is the high overturn rate of personnel.  It's high stress and a lot of times just as someone is getting to know the job they leave because they can't take it anymore...so it starts all over again.

I have seen good app's that have only taken about 6 months, and I have seen the ugly ones that take up to and including 2 years.  A lot of times it's because Borden takes too long with the medicals, other times it can be that applicants miss deadlines by the skin of their teeth so they need to wait for the next review board etc.  Recruiting is a crazy place to be, but I think CFRG HQ in Borden is starting to clue in that some things need to change.  But, we shall see.

Back