• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

On-Line Language Training - CFG 037/11

211RadOp

Reaction score
I am going to give this a shot to see if it is helpful.

CANFORGEN 037/11 CMP 018/11 151657Z FEB 11
ALLIES WEB PROGRAM IN SELF-DIRECTED STUDY MODE AVAILABLE TO ALL CF MEMBERS EFFECTIVE 31 JAN 2011
UNCLASSIFIED

REFERENCES: A. 1211-76-2 (DOL) NATIONAL DEFENCE OFFICIAL LANGUAGES PROGRAM TRANSFORMATION MODEL (OLPTM), 25 OCTOBER 2006

B. DAOD 5039-6 DELIVERY OF TRAINING AND EDUCATION IN BOTH OFFICIAL LANGUAGES

C. DAOD 5039-7 SECOND OFFICIAL LANGUAGE EDUCATION AND TRAINING FOR CF MEMBERS

D. CANFORGEN 092/10 CMP 041/10 041318Z MAY

1. THIS CANFORGEN SUPERSEDES CANFORGEN 092/10 CMP 041/10 041318Z MAY 10 – REF D

2. MESSAGE AT REF D INFORMED CF MEMBERS OF A WEB-BASED TRIAL OF THE ALLIES OFFICIAL LANGUAGES DISTANCE LEARNING PROGRAM. THE TRIAL :

a. COMMENCED ON 30 APRIL 2010 AND WILL FINISH ON 31 MARCH 2012

b. INCLUDES THE CANADIAN FORCES FRENCH CURRICULUM (CFFC-P) AT THE BEGINNER, INTERMEDIATE AND ADVANCED LEVELS

c. INCLUDES THE CANADIAN FORCES ENGLISH CURRICULUM (CFEC-P) AT THE BEGINNER LEVEL A. (LEVELS B AND C OF THE ENGLISH CURRICULUM WILL BE AVAILABLE TO STUDENTS IN SELF-DIRECTED STUDY MODE THROUGH A COMMERCIAL PRODUCT BY SUMMER 2011)

d. EVALUATES CF MEMBERS INTEREST IN SECOND LANGUAGE LEARNING IN SELF-DIRECTED STUDY MODE (NO TUTOR SUPPORT)

e. EVALUATES THE SUITABILITY OF ON-LINE SECOND LANGUAGE LEARNING AT BEGINNER, INTERMEDIATE AND ADVANCED LEVELS FOR VARIOUS LANGUAGE SKILLS

3. AS OF 31 JAN 2011 ALL CF MEMBERS MAY PARTICIPATE IN ALLIES WEB

4. ALLIES WEB IN SELF-DIRECTED STUDY MODE PROVIDES OPPORTUNITIES ON A 24/7 BASIS FOR SECOND OFFICIAL LANGUAGE ACQUISITION AND MAINTENANCE TRAINING AND EDUCATION. THE SOFTWARE ALSO PROVIDES A TUTORIAL TO HELP THE LEARNER TO GET STARTED, AN EMBEDDED HELP FEATURE AND AN ORIENTATION DOCUMENT TO FACILITATE EFFECTIVE LEARNING

5. CF MEMBERS INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR AN ALLIES WEB ACCOUNT IN SELF-STUDY MODE MUST COMPLETE A REQUEST FORM ON THE DWAN AT THE FOLLOWING INTRANET ADDRESS: HTTP://ALLIES.MIL.CA/. THEY SHOULD EXPECT TO RECEIVE THEIR USER NAME AND PASSWORD WITHIN TWO WEEKS

6. SIGNED BY RADM A. SMITH, CMP

It's been noted that the instructions here are a little unclear - you have to register on a DWAN machine, but you can access the system from the internet.
The link for ALLIES WEB on the internet is: http://www.allies.forces.gc.ca/registration/index-eng.asp

I've been using ALLIES Web for a while now. It's helped with learning the kind of workplace vocabulary and phrases that I won't learn at home. It's good if you can stick to it. I particularly like the audio functions that allow you to talk back and compare your pronunciation to the recordings. Also the "militarized" clip art and 20-year-old videos are amusing.

I registered for this too.
Something i was a little unclear on, do i get a language qualification on my docs? or is it just for practice?
Either way i'm sure it will fill the gaps on what i've forgotten.

Speaking under NO authority whatsoiever, I'll say that if it's not automatically put on your docs then it'll bve treated as any sort language you may know already. The language school would probably need to test you to see your degree of fluency with said language before putting it on yoru docs.

This is my best guesstimate since this was the route that had to be taken to become acknowledged that I know the language of my childhood.

Spooks said:
Speaking under NO authority whatsoiever, I'll say that if it's not automatically put on your docs then it'll bve treated as any sort language you may know already. The language school would probably need to test you to see your degree of fluency with said language before putting it on yoru docs.

Simply take the public service test like we've always done. If you picked up French on this new system and pass the test, your anguage profile will appear on your MPRR. There is no need to be tested by the language school  IOT get a language profile.

found it:

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/training-elearning/second-language-allies.page?

Back