• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ontario License Plate Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman Legion

Inactive
Reaction score
Ok, lets hope this one is not Illegal as well..lol, I like to collect things of this nature, and I wanted to know, if anyone had an expired License plate from Ontario to donate, as I want to start collecting Canadian Plates, starting with the province my family is originally from, Ontario. I would very much appreciate this. (assuming this is not illegal, as other do collect the same thing.)

Love793 said:
Sorry about your luck, but that also is illegal.

Are you sure about that?

http://www3.sympatico.ca/upton/backbump/

The Back Bumper is the online collecting home of Jon Upton, ALPCA member 7135. Welcome to plate collectors, car buffs, and general fans of transportation in Ontario.

Property of the Crown

(2)  Every number plate is the property of the Crown and shall be returned to the Ministry when required by the Ministry. 1999, c. 12, Sched. R, s. 5 (1).

Ont HTA

Ok that says who owns them, but it says nothing about who can collect them.  It does not say they have to be returned after use.  That is just a way for the police to be able to pull your plate if they feel it is required.

Love793 said:
Property of the Crown

(2)  Every number plate is the property of the Crown and shall be returned to the Ministry when required by the Ministry. 1999, c. 12, Sched. R, s. 5 (1).

Ont HTA

Now show how that applies to expired plates (i.e., those not in the currently issued series of plates).

Love793 said:

I'm sorry, Mr.  O'Leary, but I don't understand your question, as it didn't say every number plate currently in use ?

I'm still driving with my Ontario 1973 "Keep it Beautiful" plates. The stickers are all on bottom right corner.  They are only on their second car! ( 1973-90 and 1990 to present ).
The front plate is now rusty.  I would like to have the both of them restored. 

I believe it is, as I know people who collect US tags, but sadly none have Canadian, but they have British Tags, and other various EU tags. Please, if you have one that just expired, or expired within the last few years, I would greatly appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back