• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

OP Toucan

Jungle

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Not exactly ancient history, but next month will be 4 years since the Canadians pulled out of East Timor. I posted a few pics in the "operations" section.
The Coy Group arrived in Timor on Oct 29th 1999, after 2 weeks of travelling and work-up trg in Australia. The last elements left at the end of March 2000. The Coy Group was part of INTERFET (INTERnational Force East Timor), an international coalition with a mission to restore order under chapt 7 of the UNSC charter.
The Coy was part of a New Zealand Battalion, which belonged to an Australian Brigade.

Originally posted by Jungle:
[qb]Not exactly ancient history , but next month will be 4 years since the Canadians pulled out of East Timor. I posted a few pics in the "operations" section.
The Coy Group arrived in Timor on Oct 29th 1999, after 2 weeks of travelling and work-up trg in Australia. The last elements left at the end of March 2000. The Coy Group was part of INTERFET (INTERnational Force East Timor), an international coalition with a mission to restore order under chapt 7 of the UNSC charter.
The Coy was part of a New Zealand Battalion, which belonged to an Australian Brigade. [/qb]
Jungle "Not exactly ancient history" don‘t lower your self. ;)
You were there and it‘s apart of our modern history today and I and others respect you for that. :salute:
Thank‘s for the photos.

Not lowering myself, it‘s just that it‘s still recent history. Since it was a small contingent, a one-shot tour, it is rarely discussed anywhere and very little is known of that mission.

Back