• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Order of application

• Thread starter Thread starter Charlie
  • Start date Start date
C

Charlie

I hope this isn't an obvious question but I'm having trouble figuring out exactly the order of the application process. Ive sent in my application. When I go down for testing am I going to have to go down more than once or will they do the physical medical interview and aptitude test all together (I live on the north west coast of BC and the closest recruiting centre is in Vancouver, an 18 hour bus ride) And whats with the medical test, is there one I have to send in from my doctor AND one that I do at the recruiting office? And last but not least what are all the papers I have to send in?, Ive only seen 4 or 5 on the armies website but I'm hearing all sorts of papers such as fingerprints, etc.. Could somebody help me out so that maybe I could get a head start on this.  THANKS ALOT! BYE!

P.S. I would also like to thank the owner of this website and everyone on it, it has really been a big help, just reading all the information on here, its endless!!  I hope I can continue to do my part in contributing to this website.  Thanks again! Bye!

Just send in the papers they ask you to send in.

You may be required to go back 2 or 3 times to complete your tests, IE: PT,Medical, written,  and also interview, some times most of these are done on the same day, but not always, dont worry depending how far you gotta drive to your recruiting office, they will reimburse your travel expenses, which is usually a good amount, i think they paid me 50cents per KM their and back...worked out to be around 56 bucks for close to 56 Km for me.

if you have handed your papers in, you will be contacted for PT test, medical and interview next,

if you are unsure and confused about the process, just call them and ask, its their job to tell you whats going on!

good luck

Because you live so far away the CFRC will likely make the effort to accomodate your testing to be all on the same day.  If they schedule appointments on different days without any form of overnight arrangements, you should remind them that you live a huge commute away.

For any additional paperwork outside of what is listed in the application package, you likely will not learn if you need to submit something (such as an additional letter from your family doctor) until you reach that phase of the application process.  You should be able to mail/fax any such required letter in to the CFRC, though.

By the way, did you get the CFRC to mail/email you an application package?  Or are you just going by whatever you find on the website?  Be sure to phone the CFRC before hand and ask as many questions as you can think of. 

Charlie,

You will most likely be processed on what is called a remote.  That is when the recruiting staff conducts processing in remote areas.  I know that for Vancouver, they go to Terrace and Prince George four times a year.

Back