• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ottawa area vets and families! Troops need our support against Sat 28th Protest

jonoxford

Inactive
Reaction score
Where? 11Am at the Elgin St. Justice and Equality Memorial. From there they are taking it all the way to the Peace Keeping Monument. I was thinking how grand it would be if we can put our heads together on this and show our support by the number. I might even talk some camera enthusiats from my school to cover the event. I'll bring my camera aswell.

I'm sorry for the short notice of this but I just saw a post for the Student Coalition and they are organizing an anti Afg. protest so I was thinking what if we showed our support by countering the Student Protest. They don't understand that if Canada pulls out everything will have been for nothing. It's unacceptable. Afghanistan has never had anything to look forward to until the last few years. This is the first time in many decades that they actually have something to look forward too.

I don't know if it's feasible but I was thinking of what contributions can be made on the homefront and how we can do our end. God knows if I were overthere I would be upset to see such a misled student body marching against the progress that has been made and those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice. They have enough to worry about overthere they don't need this kind of thing even if we're all entitled to our opinions.

I don't know if it's possible on such short notice but I'm going to be there anyway. Even if it's just me and I'm going to politely remind them that Afghanistan is a winnable mission. If they want to protest they should go to Washington and protest Iraq. Between the War profitteering and disappearence of the Reconstruction funds maybe they have something to go on.

So what does everybody think? It's a stretch but just imagine what could be accomplished with vets, troops and familes supported by an Honour Guard and Scotland the Brave out there to show support for the brave men and women overseas.

I was even thinking reading out the names of the fallen and possibly even Eisenhower's why we fight speech.

Is this over the top or can we actually make a difference here?

Back