• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Peacekeepers Day Parade, Aug 9th Angus, Ontario.

Old Ranger

Subscriber
Inactive
Reaction score
My Paramedic Honour Guard is Marching in the Colours again this year.

Is anyone else going to be at this Parade?

March off 10:30hrs Angus Legion.

The Parade went very well.

Next year there are plans to dedicate a park to Peacekeepers and to name 3 streets in Angus.

Cheers :salute:

Old Ranger said:
My Paramedic Honour Guard is Marching in the Colours again this year.

Is anyone else going to be at this Parade?

March off 10:30hrs Angus Legion.

I'll be there for sure

Shared from the Borden Citizen newspaper, 24 July 2009, pg 2.

Angus Peacekeepers Day Ceremony date change

On an exceptional basis, and in light of the Buffalo 461 Dedication in Hamilton ON, on August 9th, the Angus and area communities will be observing Peacekeepers Day on August 8th at the Angus Peacekeepers Park (located at the corner of County Road 90 and County Road 10).

Commerce Road in Angus will be closed from 10am to 12pm on August 8th due to the ceremony at Peacekeepers Park.

Everyone is invited to attend the ceremony and later join everyone at the Royal Canadian Legion Angus Branch located on Fraser Street.

Ceremony participants will form up at 10:25 am to officially commence at 10:30 am. Below is information on the Dedication ceremony in Hamilton (my edit: photo advertisement)

So based on that article, unless there is announcement stating otherwise, the annual ceremony is on the 9th each year IMO.

Edited: To include the information for Buffalo 461 Dedication.

Date: 9 August 2009
Location: The Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum, Hamilton International Airport, Mt. Hope ON
(my note - advertisment does not mentioned start time)

Back