• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Permanent ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDTyre

Reaction score
I have been told that, since I'm eligible, I can get the OR at CFB Esquimalt to do my permanent ID up if I happen to be there.  Is there any truth to this?  It does seem kind of wierd.

You might see them to do the paperwork but it will be the ident sect usually located with the MP's that do the ID cards.

Seen.  But its not like I can phone up an make an appointment - I still have to do this through my unit and CoC, correct?

CanadianTire said:
I have been told that, since I'm eligible, I can get the OR at CFB Esquimalt to do my permanent ID up if I happen to be there.  Is there any truth to this?  It does seem kind of wierd.

ResF NCMs are entitled to be issued permanent NDI 20 after completion of 2 years of service.

Report to your Unit Orderly Room, as they will have paperwork which needs to be filled out for your card. Upon having your OR do up the proper paperwork, contact Esquimault MPs to arrange an appointment for your ID photo/fingerprinting (if you haven't already been fingerprinted - it will have to occur for NDI 20 purposes).

The only Unit in Canada (I think) who does this outside of Mil Pol is 3 ASG Det Charlottetown; I believe everywhere else is done by Mil Pol/Commissionaires. I had to scrap like a dawg to get the capability to fingerprint/issue permanent IDs because we were a one-of RegF Unit in the Province and it simply didn't make sense to have members have to travel to Gagetown for their ID cards. The girls in the OR were quite happy though with all those TD trips to the NCR for the requisite courses etc they required so that we could be functional - but they darn well didn't even take me on their trips with them!!  :mad:   :)

Res pers req one full year of service or completion of their QL3 (For some Trades that is QL5A), as well as their DEU, before they can get a NDI 20.  Your Unit USS can do all the paperwork and bookings for you.  In some cases, it is the amount of time that it takes Logstik Corp to issue you DEU, that becomes a factor as to when you can get your NDI 20.

ResF Officers are entitled immediately upon enrolment.

NCMs 1 year. My bad for putting 2 - have no idea really why I wrote that.  :eek:

You mean I'd have to haul my tunic, tie and CF green shirt to Esquimalt with me? :p

I've been qualified for an permanent ID for just over two years now, but for some reason my unit doesn't bother with them on a regular basis - it all seems to come down to who's actually staffing the OR.  I'll press the issue with my BOR as I'll be in Victoria later on in the summer, before my unit stands to.

I figure its just one less thing to worry about after I put my hand up for a TF.

ArmyVern said:
ResF Officers are entitled immediately upon enrolment.

NCMs 1 year. My bad for putting 2 - have no idea really why I wrote that.  :eek:

'cause, by the time some have finished their 3's and gotten DEU, two years may have passed.    ;D

CanadianTire said:
You mean I'd have to haul my tunic, tie and CF green shirt to Esquimalt with me? :p

Yes.  Better yet, why not take your DEU complete so as not to be walking arund out of dress??

Eye In The Sky said:
Yes.  Better yet, why not take your DEU complete so as not to be walking arund out of dress??

Because you only require your upper half of your body for your ID?

Canadian Tire, what'll usually happen is go through your CoC request your NDI 20 and they'll set you up for the next time a batch of the things are being done at 39CBG. Once that's done just show up that day with your shirt, tie and tunic but be in CADPAT. The process takes less then 10mins as they finger print you and then snap a shot for you. The ID should arrive within 30 days.

Great!  Mind pulling the reference/article out of CFP265 that authorizes that for me?

Eye In The Sky said:
Great!  Mind pulling the reference/article out of CFP265 that authorizes that for me?

Reference for what, to show up in cadpat with the relevant DEU parts on a hangar, so you can throw it on for the pic and the take it off right after?

Guys,

You are talking about a Reserve Pte, from an PRes army unit, going to a Reg Force Navy base.  Until told by his unit, from the folks who run that Ident section, what he is required to show up in, isn't it better to play it safe and assume you will require ALL of the parts of his DEU?  What are you going to tell him if some CP02 is there that day and shits all over him for having jeans and a tunic on?

Come on, think alittle and take the context and situation into consideration. 

I stick with what I say, be prepared to take DEU complete, and take it unless specifically told otherwise, its what, a pair of fuckin pants and ankle boots more?  ::)

Eye In The Sky said:
Guys,

You are talking about a Reserve Pte, from an PRes army unit, going to a Reg Force Navy base.  Until told by his unit, from the folks who run that Ident section, what he is required to show up in, isn't it better to play it safe and assume you will require ALL of the parts of his DEU?  What are you going to tell him if some CP02 is there that day and shits all over him for having jeans and a tunic on?

Come on, think alittle and take the context and situation into consideration. 

I stick with what I say, be prepared to take DEU complete, and take it unless specifically told otherwise, its what, a pair of ****** pants and ankle boots more?   ::)

And I am a Reserve Cpl from PRes army unit, who went to Reg/Res army installation to get his pic done.  No one is saying mix the dress, the whole time, you bring the stuff you need with you, throw it on litterally for the 5-10 minutes it takes to snap the pic, and make sure its good to go, and then take it off.  And for all you know he is from a highland unit, in which case the bottoms require a bit more than pants and ankle boots.

Hatchet Man said:
And I am a Reserve Cpl from PRes army unit, who went to Reg/Res army installation to get his pic done.  No one is saying mix the dress, the whole time, you bring the stuff you need with you, throw it on litterally for the 5-10 minutes it takes to snap the pic, and make sure its good to go, and then take it off.   And for all you know he is from a highland unit, in which case the bottoms require a bit more than pants and ankle boots.

FFS, I've been in 19 years, I know 'how it works'.  ::)  I have ALSO been around long enough to know until you are told otherwise, you should be prepared for 'worst case scenario'.  And what I am saying is, until he finds out for sure, from his CoC, what he is required to do, he should be ready to take full DEU.  Period.  Why?  If you are PRes, you should know that answer, and I don't want to start a Reg vs PRes tone to the thread.

As I said, can you guaruntee that he won't get shit on by a CP02 who just happens to be in a bad mood and at the Ident Section?  Have you ever been to Esquimalt?  Are you sure you know the SOPs, reg's that are in place out there? 

SH of C is The Seaforth Highlanders of Canada, so yes he is from a 'highland unit'.  What difference does that make?

Remember, as a Reservist, you ARE subject to the CSD while on DND/Military property, regardless of whether or not you are 'signed in' or in uniform. 

Everytime I've done my pics, I've always been told to bring the top half minus the head dress. Thats in Borden, and London. But, my unit has been the one to setup the appointments for that, even after the front melted into the plastic cover of my wallet.

Eye In The Sky said:
FFS, I've been in 19 years, I know 'how it works'.  ::)  I have ALSO been around long enough to know until you are told otherwise, you should be prepared for 'worst case scenario'. 

Hey, good for you, but I guess you haven't been around long enough to know that "experience" doing it at the OP's AO is why I told him to do it the way I had?

Eye In The Sky said:
Why?  If you are PRes, you should know that answer, and I don't want to start a Reg vs PRes tone to the thread.

WTF is that supposed to mean? You've started it so why don't you tell us what you mean?

Eye In The Sky said:
As I said, can you guaruntee that he won't get crap on by a CP02 who just happens to be in a bad mood and at the Ident Section? 

Sure I can, because there are NO CPO2s in the Ident Secion out here. It's all done by a Commissionaire Cpl in a small room, upstairs in the 39CBG HQ building.

Eye In The Sky said:
Have you ever been to Esquimalt?  Are you sure you know the SOPs, reg's that are in place out there? 

Sure, have you?

Eye In The Sky said:
Remember, as a Reservist, you ARE subject to the CSD while on DND/Military property, regardless of whether or not you are 'signed in' or in uniform. 

Thanks, I needed that lesson because most of us haven't been around long enough to wear in our CADPATs  ::)

Here, let me put it in simple English for you. He, the original poster, will NOT be going to Esquimalt. What will happen is his CoC will set up an appointment with the MP section out in Chilliwack and put his name on the list for the next time a batch of Permanent IDs will be done. When he is informed of the date, he will be told to arrive in either CADPAT or Civis depending on if the unit wants to pay him for a 10minute photo session.

He will arrive and go to the room, UPSTAIRS in the 39 CBG HQ or where ever they decide to hold the photo session this time, and be told to please put on 1 x green DEU shirt, 1 x green DEU tunic, 1 x green tie which he will have to supply. It would NOT matter if he's wearing blue jeans or what ever the frack he's been told that day on the bottom because the entire session takes less then 10minutes, in a private room where not a whole hell of allot of people hang around UNLESS you're getting your ID done.

Now, call me crazy, but I'm sure the Commissionaire Cpl who's doing this has had SOME experience doing it. From the trail of Captains, Majors and heck MWO and WO and Sgt and pretty much all the ranks I could think of going through there, and NONE of them had a problem with it, the OP should be fine. Don't you think so?

MedTech said:
Because you only require your upper half of your body for your ID?

Canadian Tire, what'll usually happen is go through your CoC request your NDI 20 and they'll set you up for the next time a batch of the things are being done at 39CBG. Once that's done just show up that day with your shirt, tie and tunic but be in CADPAT. The process takes less then 10mins as they finger print you and then snap a shot for you. The ID should arrive within 30 days.

Thats not quite the exact information you put into your first post, quoted above.  NOT going to Esq changes things quite a bit, wouldn't you say?

This thread isn't about a pissin' content between anyone, so, now that you gave him the exact info he was looking for, I will gracefully step aside, after I say I KNOW a fuckin CPO2 doesn't work at the Ident Section, but thats probably where he would be for say...an ID?  ;D 

If you want to continue the head-butting, please PM me 'k??  8)

Anyway....  ::)

I think everyone has made their point, and the original question has been more or less answered.

If anyone else adds anything, it needs to be constructive, and relevant to the original question.

Thanks.

Army.ca Staff

How's this??

When you call Esquimault to book your appointment - ask them whether or not you'll require your full DEU or just the shirt, tunic & tie.

In PEI ... just the tunic, shirt & tie were required by me to be worn when visiting my Det OR for ID purposes (as it was in Trenton when I had my last ID done). That was acceptable as the member just pulled it on over their green t-shirt for the picture. Piece of cake; they weren't actually wandering about the base or the hallways in half & half dress. Common sense.

Call them. They'll tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back