• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Picking up Ship’s pieces: SPLIT from-Re: "Re-Royalization", "Re-Britification"..

FSTO

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Halifax Tar said:
Lastly I wouldn't over inflate the RCN's grasp of logistics, if I were you.  I cant speak for others but I don't hold the understanding or appreciation of Logistics by MARS O's in great esteem.  The Army, while as difficult as it can be, at least understands it needs beans and bullets to fight and win, the RCN seems to see it as some dark voodoo magic that isn't worth the time in understanding or respecting, until it all goes to shite and the Log Dept is left to pick up the pieces again.

If I had a dime for every time I heard one trade in the Navy say that they had "to pick up the pieces again" when commenting on the competence of the other trades I'd be fairly well off.

Would you rather, I've had to pick up pieces because some bits of the ship is falling apart.  Because I have. :nod:

jollyjacktar said:
Would you rather, I've had to pick up pieces because some bits of the ship is falling apart.  Because I have. :nod:

Well stop walking around poking holes in rusting pipes ;)

If he doesn't break them, how is he supposed to get anyone to believe they need fixing in the first place?

;D

MM

Start putting pieces of duct tape on the inside of the hull below the waterline marked "Danger do not remove"

Place a 1 million dollar order for Gorilla glue, duct tape and baling wire and see what happens

Colin P said:
Start putting pieces of duct tape on the inside of the hull below the waterline marked "Danger do not remove"

Place a 1 million dollar order for Gorilla glue...

Well, it is water activated.

Back