- Reaction score
And yet another "potential" cut of funding. I just received this email regarding my current active ILP:
POTENTIAL EDUCATION REIMBURSEMENT FUNDING RESTRICTION FY 13/14 =========================
******** DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL ********
THIS MESSAGE IS FOR YOUR INFORMATION.
SENT ON BEHALF OF COMD CDA
1. Military Personnel Instruction 17/04 - Education Reimbursement for the Regular Force establishes the CF Education Reimbursement program and assigns responsibility for its administration to CDA. The program has been in effect since 2004 and provides an avenue for CF personnel to be reimbursed for educational opportunities in support of CF objectives. The instruction notes that funding for this program is not guaranteed.
2. While the CF Education Reimbursement program has never guaranteed funding for ILPs, funding in recent years has been available to fully reimburse ILPs. However, due to current departmental fiscal pressures, the funds available for ER may be significantly reduced on 1 Apr 2013.
3. Para 2 does not refer to ILPs for members under DAOD 5002-6 CEOTP or CANFORGEN 094/10 -Education Reimbursement for Ill and Injured Personnel. ILPs and claims may continue to be submitted under these policies.
4. Specific details on the implications for and existing ILPs will be sent as a separate notice to users and posted on the CDA ILP DWAN site at http://cda.mil.ca/j3ops/ilpaccess-eng.asp or http://www.cda-acd.forces.gc.ca/au-ns/wa/rp-eng.asp.
5. Questions or clarifications can be sent to +DLM-DGA@CDA-ACD@Kingston or firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox.