• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Previous service in the regular

jbou35_mtl

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi ,

I have been in the Regular Forces from 1989 to 1992 ( one full contract ) and release 4b ...in 2008 I joined back in the regular and the recruit center credit me 60 days ( boot camp ) and sent me staight on my trade course ...a few weeks ago , I realised that soldiers that had 3 years as cadet were credited 6 months ! After asking a few question here and there , some says that they should take in consideration my 3 years in the regular and credit me those years , and , other says that after you have been gone for 5 years , it does not count anymore ...

Does anyone can help me on that one ? I don't mind filling in a memo up my chain of command but I don't have any reference ( canforgen or other offical rules )  to put in .

Thank you

jbou35_mtl said:
Hi ,

I have been in the Regular Forces from 1989 to 1992 ( one full contract ) and release 4b ...in 2008 I joined back in the regular and the recruit center credit me 60 days ( boot camp ) and sent me staight on my trade course ...a few weeks ago , I realised that soldiers that had 3 years as cadet were credited 6 months ! After asking a few question here and there , some says that they should take in consideration my 3 years in the regular and credit me those years , and , other says that after you have been gone for 5 years , it does not count anymore ...

Does anyone can help me on that one ? I don't mind filling in a memo up my chain of command but I don't have any reference ( canforgen or other offical rules )  to put in .

Thank you

As you were given a Bypass, which is highly unusual for a period of absence of 16 years, your Previous Service is on record.  You should have been advised to arrange with the OR (Pay Office) to have deductions made to buy back your Previous Service.  You would be advised to talk to your Chain of Command and see about doing this right away.  If you wait too long, you may not be eligible to do so.

Thank you for that fast reply !

My pension is already bought back , they take a certain amount every pay , that is not the problem ....it is more that if they could credit more then 60 days , I would be in position to be CPL by now , wich make a lot of difference then soldier 2 !

But I have been reading a few topics about peolple in the same situation , and twice , I have seen something about the 5 years time frame ...does not look good for me !

Count your blessings I know 3 prior infanteers who have all been out over 10 years, all 3 just arrived in Esquimalt from BMQ.

Boot camp?  Soldier 2?  Are we American now?  ;)

Your Previous Full Time Paid Service (PFTPS) may only count towards your pension in some cases and not towards promotion.  Depends on what you were enrolled as:  skilled, semi-skilled, unskilled.  If you joined a completely different trade, they may have deemed it not to count.  Not to mention it was 15 years ago, as George pointed out.

PMedMoe said:
Boot camp?  Soldier 2?  Are we American now?  ;)

How about a Francophone doing their best with English.  Private 2 = Soldat 2 = "soldier 2"

Michael O'Leary said:
How about a Francophone doing their best with English.  Private 2 = Soldat 2 = "soldier 2"

Seen.  I didn't check the member's profile or past posts.  But I did use the winking smiley.  :nod:

Sorry to revive an old thread, just wanted to add in case someone actually uses the search function on here. Reference the first post, the member mentions that previous cadet service was granted 6 months time credit. This is true partially. Cadet Service only gets you 6 months credit towards your P2 Pay Incentive, it does not give you Time Credit Promotion. So they would still be getting promoted the same time as they would if they did not have cadet service. Unless of course they get advance promoted.

Back