• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question about "Kandahar Cigar Club"

Gronk

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
              Did a search on yahoo & this site - Couldn't find anything.
  What is the Kandahar Cigar Club?

The reason I'm asking is: I received as a gift what appear to be 2 unit badges from someone who just returned from the sandbox. The first badge is a OMLT/ 1/205 BDE patch with the Canadian & Afghan flags with the words "Brothers In Arms" in English & Arabic(?) and a bayonet in the center. The other one, that I'm curious about, is a tan badge with the words "Kandahar Cigar Club" on it and a silhouette of a Winston Churchill looking figure smoking a cigar.
  Any ideas?

It would be Pashtu on the OMLT patch.  As for the Ciger Club could just be some random thing or an inside joke, etc. Theres a couple places on KAF that make up all kinds of patches.

I misread the title and thought "When did Vern go to KAF?"

So much for the Kandahar Cougar Club...

There's a group on Facebook with the same name. It's a closed group.

Probably some KAFers made it up.

Regards

When I left the sandbox in Dec 08 there was a multi-national group from CJ1/CJ3/CJ4/CIED that met on Saturday Nights (started in Oct) to watch a movie and then smoke big fat stinky cigars on the CJ1 balcony inside RC_S Admin compound.  They had become a small, loud but tight group.  Perhaps this may be the club of which you speak.

Ask the guy that gave you the badges?

Thanks for the info,
                            The badges were dropped off at the Legion for me by the soldier's father. It was a gesture of thanks for sending him care packages during his tour. I have mounted them in a picture frame and will hang them in the Legion.

Back