• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Quick CV question and conflicting info

snoop101

Inactive
Reaction score
So I went through all my interview,test, and medical. My medical came back and I knew before that im color blind. I was told and always knew that Comm research was CV3. My File manager just phoned and said that there not excepting me because im CV3. I told him that I wanted to go into Comm Research which is CV3 and he said that it is CV2. Is this something new?

Update: Just talked to my File manager again and it looked like the new CV sheet was just updated in the last month or two.

I asked if I can still request to be put through and he had to pass it on.

I just pulled up

A-PD-055-002/PP-002 COMM RSCH MOSID 00120, CANADIAN FORCES MANUAL OF MILITARY OCCUPATIONAL STRUCTURE VOLUME 2 PART 2 JOB BASED OCCUPATIONAL SPECIFICATION (JBOS) for COMMUNICATOR RESEARCH. 

Section 1 - General, Special Requirements Para 13 states:

13. This information was verified as correct at the time of publication but may have been subsequently amended. Any questions or suggested changes should be addressed to the OPI with DPCA and DPGP as information addressees.
a. Medical Standards.  CF Medical standards are detailed in A-MD-154-000/FP-000.  The minimum Medical standard for assignment to the COMM RSCH occupation is:

OCC             V CV H G O A
COMM RSCH 4 3 2 3 3 5

OPI - D Med Svcs
NOTE: The Medical standard shown is for initial assignment to the COMM RSCH occupation.  Experienced personnel who have their medical category lowered will be considered for retention, occupational transfer or released by a Career Review Board (Medical) IAW CFAO 34-26.

I have no way to verify if the Med Cat info for Comm Research was changed, but the copy I just pulled off the IntraNet was amended 01 Aug 06.

Maybe a CFRC staff type or someone in the MOC can verify an amendment post-Aug 06. 

Good news. Just got the call and he said there going through with Comm research. He did say they changed, but it wasent updated at the time. Not sure how he pulled it off, but there going through with it.

The 154 is NOT up to date. We recently had a similar discussion WRT V1 vs V2 for pilots.

The most accurate and up-to-date information is going to come directly from the Med Section of the CFRC.

Congrats on getting through regardless!

I am not surprised the ref is not updated, but it *should* be.  Its the Occ Spec document afterall.  :)

The next steps after making a change to something like that (CV factor) should be

1. info applic addressee's; and
2. update MOC documents.

(IMO)

Back