• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Re: Army.ca pub night/meet and greet anyone? HALIFAX ?

Hot Lips

Inactive
Reaction score
Well a Halifax area get together would be a great idea...someone ought to organize that...

id get in on that if im around ill b in aldershot at the end of the month but can be around on weekends :argument:

Just give me the details and I'll be there, schedule permitting.

....ummmm -- Halifax.

Why in god's name would we go to Dartmouth?  To view a nice skyline across the harbour????

scoutfinch said:
....ummmm -- Halifax.
Why in god's name would we go to Dartmouth?  To view a nice skyline across the harbour????

I live on the Dartmouth side. I love my Ocean front view from my front yard (& from inside my house) from my PMQ on the Dartmouth side.

Sorry, I edited my sentence as I assumed something wrong.

I don't dislike Dartmouth.  I run several times per week at Shubie Park.  Dartmouth does have a great view.... I love taking the ferry at night.

That being said, I cannot imagine going out on the town in Dartmouth.  Sorry, I just can't see it happening.  I don't even know where we would go... unless we went to the MicMac tavern (which I love almost as much as the Midtown... which I adore!)

More to do in Hali for sure...I can go any weekend and am flexible to go wherever when ever.  The Ale House is nice I hear...I think they have an age limit though(no under 25) ...would have to check that one out.  The Old Triangle is nice, the Lower Deck is great but unless we get there early and get a table it gets too busy...we would never find each other.  Pogue Fado is nice as well, lots of room and a dance floor and a sitting area...there downstairs area has all kinds of military crests and insignia dawning the wall...I don't even know what they all are...
So shot away at a date and time and we will make it happen...after all we are Maritimers or transplanted ones anyway...

Cheers
HL

I am off this weekend but am training every weekend (F/Sa/Su) until May 28 with the exception of May 13 and 14. 

Is there anyway we could do it on a Thursday night given that most of us Reservists parade on Thursdays?

Halifax would be good, lots of nice places over here to grab a drink and chat.

So we have figured out that it will be in Hfx.

Places to go?
Are you wanting somewhere where we can order some munchies too?
Time of day?

This will help in figuring out what everyone is looking for.
I know for me, if it takes place in the evening, I will end up wanting to be close to somewhere where I can go dance the night away.

I haven't been to many of the pubs or bars here, so this is where you guys will have to make the suggestions.

I am the worst person to suggest places as I get all caught up in the *pink drink* and imported vodka menus.  That being said, I love the Bitter End for starters and then a rapid deployment to the Pogue.  Unless people want to start immediately at the Pogue

The Pogue is good...don't remember if they serve those munchies you speak of...I have only been there later in the day...he he he
They have a dancing area but also a quieter sitting area down stairs and yes yes, for the smokers they have (or did have) an attic smoking room right off the main dance floor...

I dont know the area too well so I will leave that up to those who know.

The Peel Pub is a new favourite of mine. Up on Spring Garden...

Unfortunately I would not be able to attend any dates in the first two weeks of May.

Well the Spring Gargen area is great as well, it also means we could park at RA Park and walk over...short walk from there...parking is always an issue in Hali...

HL

Can someone tell me about The Peel Pub, I've never even heard of it.

Back