• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Re-enrollment

Forces4ever

Inactive
Reaction score
Good day!

I spent 8 years as a Sig Op in the Reserves and 4 years in the same trade as a Cpl with the Regular Force, posted to Trenton. In March of this year, I let my contract run out so I could complete school or re-enroll as an AVS Tech by the following Summer. A remuster may have taken several years so that was out of the question for me. As well, College proved to be too much financial pressure so it won't be happening. My love for the Forces, electrical studies and working around aircraft led me to deem AVS as a great fit for me. In preparation, I've read the PO's for POET and I'm studying with an electrical textbook on my own time. Since the recruiting centre has informed me that there won't be any numbers out for AVS until April 2011, I have some concerns:

1. Will I be able to get my slack and idle body back into the fitness level needed for re-enrollment?
2. Will I get busted down to Private recruit pay and wait several years for a promotion?
3. How long could I be stuck on PAT platoon in Borden?
4. Will the trade be open and even if it is, will there be so much competition that I won't make it?
5. Can I live with myself if I choose "whatever's available"?
6. Once I'm fully trained and for reasons I can elaborate on later, I'd prefer a posting in Yellowknife, Comox or Cold Lake in that order. If I have to stay in Ontario, Trenton would be my next choice and the only place out East I'd want is Gander since I'm a Newfie. Are these postings hard to come by?

Back