• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Really Freaking Bright Idea...

ArmyRick

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
I don't know if there is a "bright ideas" thread going but I figured I could start one. Its not meant to be serious but just a look at how ironic or off the beaten path things can go. Throw in your own bright ideas and or ones you have expirienced/suffered through

All you Officer cadets should have lots of Brilliant Ideas to throw in

My Idea? Is a fun PT session with my CQ staff. The one below is fictional but based on the what could happen

1. I decide to conduct fun PT such as soccer or floor hockey
2. An officer gets wind of it and decides to make it a competitive fun PT session, encouraging espirit de corps. Its now evolved into a running race
3. Another officer decides we can get make it a training event, and there for mandatory. Also it must be challenging, 10 KM will do.
4. An even more senior officer decides we can add a tactical element to it for training effect, we will now wear FFO and weapons. An young officer for his own PD will be tasked to write up an instruction
5. An OPS center somewhere will decide a financial code and priority will be assigned
6. Some HQ staff will decide that this would make a great unit event.

Congratulations! We now have evolved a game of soccer into a mandatory 10 KM forced march race with FFO and weapons. All for troops morale.

Anybody ever expirience a bright idea like this?

Back