• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recreation On The Stoker QL3 Course?

TRYHARD2001

Inactive
Reaction score
Sometime in January I'm gonna escape the purgatory that is a Nval Reserve Unit and actually get on with my newfound occupation of MarEng Mechanic out in Esquimalt. The reason I'm making this thread is twofold;

1. To figure out what the pace of the course is gonna be like from Stokers who've actually done it. The Artificer here says it's not gonna be anything like the Infantry crap I had to do for so many years, but he didn't really go into any great details and he's usually real busy. That's where you guys come in.

2. I'm also wondering if it'll be worth my time to bring a laptop with me to Nelle's Block or whether I'll have access to the Internet at all. In addition, I like pumping iron and submission grappling... what's the gym/martial arts scene like on base?

Thanks in advance.

The gym is about 200 yards down the road from Nelles block. Pretty good gym. I am not sure about martial arts. I think there are two punching bags.

They have 4 desks in the lobby which you can plug your laptop into for the internet. I know they were talking about getting wireless internet for the block, but that was in the summer of 09. I dont know if they went through with it.

I just realized you said you would be starting in January. I suppose you have probably figured it out by now.  :facepalm:

Back