• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

REg Force housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt.Mitoff

Inactive
Reaction score
I have a problem with my family regarding me joining the forces. I did 3 years of university and got fed up with it and now decided to join. What I need to know is; once I join will I be provided with a place to live and money to support myself while I do training or will I have to find a place to live on my own in between training?? Because once I leave for Basic and my finds out what I did, I won't be very welcome at home anymore, so I will need to start my new life.

Let's see......C/WO.Mitoff ....... Date Registered:  September 27, 2004, 11:19:57

You are a Warrant Officer in the Cadets.

You have done 3 years of university.

You have been on the site for about 3 years.

You must have read all about this by now.

Sorry if are disgruntled from my question!
I was a C/Wo, 4 years ago, since then I haven't kept in touch with the military events and facts.  I think I asked a legitimate question. If don't have an answear for me spare me your comments please!!

Short answer, do a search as this has all been covered before.

As far as pay/housing goes, once you start your training you will be getting paid just like any other job. Rations and quarters will come off your cheque and you will be provided a cozy little space to make sure you get the most out of your time in the training system. You can expect to be on a PAT platoon somewhere depending on your MOC of choice if you have time in between your courses, where, again, rations and quarters will be taken off your monthly cheque.

cheers.

C/WO.Mitoff,
                  enjoy barrack life. It is cheap. But if you have a roommate, make sure you both get along fine.

I recall last time I stayed in Gagetown shacks, it was $88 per month for the room. And if you wanted a ration card... you would look at $380-400ish per month. You are able to import your own food. So that is helpful. It's been some time since I lived there. But still. Just to give you a heads up on the deal.

Regards,
TN2IC

C/WO.Mitoff said:
I think I asked a legitimate question. If don't have an answear for me spare me your comments please!!

It is a legitimate question and it's been answered time and time again.

You have wasted bandwidth with a post that if you put your education to work, and take 5 minutes out of your busy schedule, would have found many answers.

Locking this one up.

The Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back