• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

regina rifleman in wwII aka wr moore

• Thread starter Thread starter robin
  • Start date Start date
R

robin

i am trying to find out more indepth information in regards to the Regina Rifles in the Netherlands in late April 1945.

Have you tried thew National Archives in Ottawa? The War Diaries for all active WW2 units the can be viewed in their original (and now fragile) form. I have used the facilities of the National Archives to research both the 1st Btn Canadian Scotish Regiment and the Royal Winnipeg Rifles using the War Diaries. The diaries are a day to day account of each battalion‘s activities along with all kinds of additional material (maps, patrol reports, drafts of letters to families of KIA officers, casualty lists, reinforcment lists, general orders, battle plans etc.). The quality varies from unit to unit, for example the Can Scots War Diary was superb, the RWR was, to be kind, "minimalist".

RAJ
rossjenkins@sympatico.ca

My Granfather was with the Reigina Rifles, He gave us a book about the regiments history, that included a lot of info on WWII. The book was entitled "Up the Johns". Hope this helps.

Back