• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Remedial Measures - Promotion

Did the incident that put you on C&P occur before or after 01 May?

Not that that is absolute because a Promotion still requires CO's approval but it is a starting point is another CFAO 11-6, Commissioning and Promotion Policy - Officers - Regular Force.

I have seen this play out a few times and each one was handled differently (due to slight variations in the situation mostly)

SCE86 said:
The C&P began a week after 1 May - but the incident happened last week of March - however I was told that I would be back paid for it - nothing in writing though

Having it writing would mean nothing if the regulations override it.  There is no entitlement to something because someone said so.

Generally messages for promotion are are written by your CM who has no idea of your personal situation.  That is why a CO approves the promotion because generally only your unit has access to a members complete situation. In this case your CO likely said "ahhh hell no" based on your incident in the last week in March and therefore since you were then placed on C&P and not promotable until off of C&P.

I have been looking and can’t find anything about back paying to the effective date on the promotion message - either for or against it? (In relation to C&P)

SCE86 said:
I have been looking and can’t find anything about back paying to the effective date on the promotion message - either for or against it? (In relation to C&P)

That is because there are none that are in relation to C&P.  You are missing the point the date on the message means nothing. A promotion still needs CO's concurrence if your CO says NO then and then you are on C&P then you are not able to be promoted and there is no backpay. The CO (well their staff) is to inform the CM of their decision to not promote (and you the member) but it is entirely within their wheelhouse to deny you your promotion for a mess up that happens just before your promotion.

There is a mechanism to withhold a promotion but that comes with backpay.  That is not the case here.

Back