• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Researching NSN

TN2IC

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
I'm looking into finding the NSN for a chrome maple leaf, that goes onto a VIP General Staff car plate.

And if you got a link that is a NSN catalogue, that I can use. Google is not being helpful.

Regards,
TN2IC

TN2IC, the NSN for the plate, designation (Maple Leaf bolted on one plastic, chrome plated, blue background, rectangular) is 9905-21-801-5069.

The NSN for the chrome plated, two-piece extesible radio aerial w/one 8345-21-852-5710 flag staff head with Maple Leaf design is 8345-21-852-5710.

Not sure which one you needed.  Don't ya love NSN speak?  ;D

BTW, there isn't a link for the NSN catalogue, it's on the DWAN computer under Programs: Baseline: Corportate 4 - Logistical and it's the CGCM.

I'm on baseline and I don't see it. I got Corportate 4 - Logistical .. I just don't see the CGCM program. Is it called something else?

Some bases don't put all applications on Baseline (for example I can't access CARSM here in Wainwright).  My advice check with a storesman in either your unit or base stores or call your IS help desk.

TN2IC said:
I'm on baseline and I don't see it. I got Corportate 4 - Logistical .. I just don't see the CGCM program. Is it called something else?
Is there a tab that says Not Installed?  It should be under there if you haven't installed it yet.

Thanks folks... now for me to find this do-hicky. Wish me luck.

PMedMoe said:
Well, there you go.  Although, the one on Baseline is has a better search.

Yup, the CGCM allows you to search by keyword or NCAGE, but otherwise the CGCS and CGCM are essentially the same.

The CGCM (or the option to install it) is indeed under Corporate 4 - Logistical on the Baseline menu, if the user is allowed to run it.

A person has got to love the useful help that can be found on this site.  :nod:

Okay bonus round... I'm having fun here... Someone translate it..

NSN 1680-21-901-5954

;D

I found it!

TN2IC said:
Okay bonus round... I'm having fun here... Someone translate it..

NSN 1680-21-901-5954

It doesn't matter - you can't have it.  Supply has only Qty 1, and if they issue it to you, they'll have none!

;D

True, true.

Stores are for storing.  If they were meant to be given out they would be called gives.

People always used to complain to me that there was not enough brown bread on board.  Well of course!  Everytime we had it, they ate it.  If didn't keep eating it, we would have had plenty!  Some folks just don't get it. ;D

Back