• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserves and School

Warvstar

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, I‘ am currently looking at signing up for the military reserves(Calgary Highlanders). They want a minimum of grade 10 completed, which i have but i need a transcript. My problem is that I‘ am home schooled and i have the knowledge of grade 10-11, i know i could get one from the Alberta school board, but it could take some time, another problem is i don‘t get credits with Home school, and they require credits. I have other papers i can show, but that is about it, is there some test i can take to show them, that i can meet there requirements. Thanks.

Sorry this should have gone in recruiting. Can a admin move it for me?

You need to have provincial recognition through the school board. you can register and take the tests on-line in most provinces and they will send you a transcript stating what level you have attained. The needing to have credits (7) is in line with provincial curriculum but we would accept something from the province that recognizes you as having met the gr 10 level in all core subjects to an academic or general standard. Take what you have to the ctr and they will copy it, and get someone from the School Board to identify what you need, (That is if they do not already have this information for home schooling).

Back