• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserves being issues the C7A2 already?

Lost_Warrior

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.34gbc.ca/Images/gallery/Noble%20Guerrier%202005/LQ2005-6006.jpg

This is a pic from Exercise Noble Guerrier 2005 a couple of weeks ago.  Call me crazy, but isn't he holding a C7A2?

They are C7A2's, they also have the PRR (personal role radio) so I'm guessing they are troops gearing for deployment.

If not something seriously FUBAR since the PRR are not even in REG inf units beyond deployment.

KevinB said:
They are C7A2's, they also have the PRR (personal role radio) so I'm guessing they are troops gearing for deployment.
Probably elements of TF 2-06, or a group put together for some CF trg video.  I've only ever seen the PRR and the C7A2 with troops that were working-up or overseas.

Which is further alarming sice TF 1-06 does not have all its kit yet...

KevinB said:
Which is further alarming sice TF 1-06 does not have all its kit yet...
It is here.  The engr sqn was issued the wpns on Thursday (if we really were first, it is because we are already going to Wainwright this Monday).

We've had our C7A2's since RotoII - the issue is the PVS-14's, PRR and all our other high-speed wiz bang tour kit.

Actually that pic was taken during exercise Noble Guerre (sp?)  which is basically the 34th brigade concentration.

Lost_Warrior said:
Actually that pic was taken during exercise Noble Guerre (sp?)   which is basically the 34th brigade concentration.
The pic has nothing to do with 34 CBG. I recognize some of the Troops on there, and they are RegF Inf from the same Batt as me.
There is a reason they have the "deployment" kit...

Anyone know the status of TF01-06, are you deploying in February, are they're still positions open, what are the plans for the next 6 months?

cbt arms sub tech said:
Anyone know the status of TF01-06, are you deploying in February, are they're still positions open, what are the plans for the next 6 months?
Use the Chain of Command. If they cannot provide the info, there is no reason we should provide it here.

Guess you really believe in the chain of command system, sometimes just makes sense to chat with folks that are involved directly compared to some Op's guy checking his PC with 1,000's of emails concerning the tasking!

No offense intended!

Hmm what exactly is a cbt arms sub tech........anyway I digress.

While TF1-06 isn't confirmed for anything right now....if you don't already have a position that has been identified then your not on the boat.

The threads is not about TF1-06, and Jungle provided the answer to the original question. It's already veered offline.

I've received a request to reopen this topic. It'll stay open as long as it stays on track. Although, seeing as the initial post was addressed, I'm not sure what more needs to be said on the subject. If there's something other than Reservists receiving the C7A2, it should be addressed in a new thread.

On the reservists having the C7A2's. Personally I really don't think it's really all that big of a deal.  So what if they have them?  It's not as if the A2 is a vastly superior weapon or anything........... I carried a C7A2 around Kabul for 6 months, and the few times I fired it (on ranges) I actually found that the new cocking handle kinda sucks a**.  Now, this of course is a Crewmans point of view, I don't really know, perhaps the infantry love the weapon........... All I can say is I found it rather cumbersome to cock it and the extended cocking handle tended to get tangled and snagged on every damned thing I passed by.  As well, can't say I really care for the double sided mag release either. (Mind you, I am right handed so lefties probably like it  ;D)  In any event, the Militia doesn't get gucci kit too often, so if they got to play with some during an ex or on build-up training, good for them.

Beleive me - WE HATE the A2, we've had them RotoII workups. 

The issue to me was reservists getting PRR's - Jungle clarified who those troops are, and we are aware why our french brothers are training... 

But kit shoudl not be given out to make the Mo feel good - especially items that are in shortage and operational usage only in the regs.  Especially when units gearing up have not gotten them back yet.

Back