• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Running twice in the same day...

Dog

Inactive
Reaction score
  First things first: I've been lurking about on these forums for pushing 3 months now and never have I needed to post any questions... information about any number of topics, quite simply, abounds here. I decided to register a few days ago... and lo and behold! I've now got a reason to ask something.

I know how to use the search function, so please, if all you have to say is "use the search function!" then don't bother saying anything, because I've already tried a couple variations of my query and they both turned up nothing. I'm not going to wrack my brain for a hundred ways to ask something of the search function... I'm a patient person... but not THAT patient.

My application is in, floating around CFRC Ottawa somewhere... I'm going for 031. No phone calls yet, as I only handed it in a few days ago... I'm in good enough shape to pass the PT exam... not really worried, but I'd like to be better.

My question is this: I only have time for two short runs a day... roughly 3km each. Would it be a good idea to be running twice a day? say 4-5 hours apart? My job requires that I walk a few kilometers everyday as part of my job... and the time I have for running is before and after work. Suggestions?

Actually... now that I reread my question... yeah... I guess I did.

your muscles need recovery time, whether its a 3km run or a 10km run.  I don't think you'd get maximum benefit of running two times a day.  I run 10km every other day, religously, so I consider myself an avid runner, and I'll offer my advice.

Run the 3kms once a day, but try to do it FAST.  Note your times and try to beat them.  Then use your second small time period for some strength training.  If you don't have access to weights, then try a combo of pushups, situps, and isometrics (like body bridges, arches etc....)  Note your results of those too.  How many pushups, situps, how long you can hold the bridges etc....

I've been training now for about 8 months, and one of the best things to do it write your results down.  That way your can see your improvements which is one of the best motivators out there.

Good luck with your application.

Back