• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

SADDAM CAPTURED

We all did there Sherwood,all Nation‘s who wished to keep the Islamaq Government in Iran under control!!!

What remains to be seen will peace come under U.S control or will thing‘s escilate?

As to Saddam let him be judged my his owen poelple,the U.S. stay out of it!!!
FAT CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave his destination up to the Iraqi People!!

I personnly would like to see a public execution!

Why?

Beacuse that‘s the Arab way and it will clear all what has been done in the past and will signal a new beginning with in the Arab Mind and for Iraq as a whole!!

Result is a rebirth!

I

Well, the Iraqi Governing Council was holding a press conference this morning. They said it will be a civil trial, public, etc. The accused will have right to Counsel, and there will be the option of appeals.

Saddam Hussein had two of my great-uncles executed, and then his government denied that they were ever Iraqi citizens.
God-willing he has finally been caught,
SPR. Earl is right, he should be executed.
My family would like to see him executed then paraded around bagdhad and spat upon by everyone (A-la Mussolini)then left unburied.(An extreme insult to any muslim)...she is quite upset to say the least.
I‘m a little more liberal then my family, I would like to see him executed then buried properly just because if the world saw my familiy‘s idea, it would probably only support their stereotypes of muslims as barbaric.
I find it strange that a man who never granted civil trials or counsel and appeals to any of his victims should be given the chance to do the same.
If he could get the familys of every person he had executed to forgive him, then he could go free under Muslim law, but I think he will find that impossible.
If I wrote for hours I could not capture the moment in words so I won‘t bother, I‘ll be brief.
Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish, I am for once thanking the Americans for ridding Islam of such a horrible person, a pox on the entire religion.
We shouldn‘t forget in all the excitement that osama bin-laden has yet to be caught, and Saddam is a sheep compared to him.

Its about time, now they have to find those Weapons with mass destruction, although i doubt they will find much.

Even with Saddam captured the senseless attacks against the American soldiers will still go on - CNN.

Che, what exactly do Saddam Hussein and Islam have in common? Other than the fact that he‘s a Muslim, there is no real connection for the most part. Saddam was detested by Muslim fundamentalists because he kept Iraq as secular state. It seems like you‘ve been sucked in by the American propaganda which seeks to connect Saddam Hussein directly to radical Muslims and ultimately to Osama bin Laden.

In fact, Saddam only began to really bring Islamic rhetoric into his regime towards its end, seeking to perpetuate the belief that the Americans were out to destroy Islam - it was out of convenience rather than conviction.

I realise all of that,
what I‘m talking about when I say he is a pox on the religion is the public perception of him.
People saw him in the media as a Muslim and whether we liked it or not, he was seen by many as a muslim fanatic.
I know he kept Iraq secular, but the general population might not, to them Saddam is just another thing that is wrong with Muslims (sadly) and I‘ve had people come right up to me and in rants, connect me, saddam and osama bin laden, all because we are all muslims.
It doesn‘t matter if he had a secular state or a islamic state, but because he was a prominent muslim he gave us all bad names simply because he too was a muslim.

You know I think the US would have saved itself a lot of trouble if he was shot while attempting to escape. Not that anyone would believe it but...

Good thing he was finally captured, but what does this fix in Iraq?

This give the Fedayeen something to fight about.

Al Queda and the other terrorist organizations which now operate in Iraq are not going to stop their attacks.
Just look what happened this (Sunday) morning, after Saddam‘s capture.

I really hope they give him an open public trial (which the yanks won‘t) so he can spill the beans on how much the yanks had helped him with his brutal reign, especially throughout the 1980s.

Good point NBK, People often forget that the Americans supported his regime against Iran, and Iran against his regime.

Actually come to think of it, now that I‘ve had a moment, if they do execute him they‘ll do nothing more then make a martyr out of him.

Keeping him alive and giving hima public trial could also seriously demoralise his supporters as well, perhaps execution isn‘t the answer, but the trial should certainly be left up to the people of Iraq.

Originally posted by Che:
[qb]
Actually come to think of it, now that I‘ve had a moment, if they do execute him they‘ll do nothing more then make a martyr out of him.
[/qb]
If you kill him then he‘s a martyr. If he goes to jail then he‘s just another little old man that caused alot of trouble.

I wasn‘t there so I‘m in no position to criticize, but I really wish one of the 4ID E-3s or E-4s had taken the initiative and dumped a mag in the b@atard while he was sitting cowering in his hole. Even with the potential intel and concrete PR gains, in the end some liberal *****hat European lawyer is going to find a way to get him out of the jaws of any war crimes tribunal the Iraqi "justic system" conducts. He‘s gonna spend the rest of his days lazing away on the Riviera or in Bavaria living in luxury with a new face and an open bank account, still giving orders that result in the deaths of Westerners.

I wish the hadda plugged the MFer when they had the chance.

Any E3 or E4 who shot Saddam would have been guilty of a war crime. Saddam Hussein offered no resistance and was entitled to protection as a Prisoner of War under international conventions.

Congratulations to the United States soldiers who showed true professionalism by following their orders and bringing Saddam to justice.

If he goes free due to a lawyer doing what he‘s paid to do, well, that just speaks to the difference between our world and his.

Personally, I prefer ours.

I think he‘ll be sharing a cell with Milosevic for a long time.

Bravo Zulu to the 4th and the Special Operations forces in a job well done.

What a ***** .
He plunges his nation into war, sends it‘s youth out to die, starves them and kills his own people yet the coward doesn‘t even put up a fight. He just rolls over like an old dog.

I would have shot him and smiled the whole time I rotted away in jail. Even in jail this SOB is going to eat better then most of his country.

Look at what milosovic did. People still praise him. (The only reason the serbs gave him up is because the US refused to give them anymore money if they didn‘t)
Theres still many places in Germany who see hitler as a hero that ‘just went a little too far‘.
Put him in jail and one morning some camera will catch a picture of him dropping an egg on the ground and the retards he has worshiping him will think he‘s implying for them to drop a bomb on the US.

Make him sleep with the fishies i say! :blotto:

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1071443408363&call_pageid=991479973472&col=991929131147

Good for a laugh.

Originally posted by Che:
[qb] http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1071443408363&call_pageid=991479973472&col=991929131147

Good for a laugh. [/qb]
:threat:

Good as a satiric look at the embellished stories of Pte. Lynch‘s rescue, as well as related to Saddam‘s capture, not as a riot inciting work to be taken seriously!

Holster those pistols! :)

The funniest thing about it, is it was listed under the "World News" category on google, as a serious piece, and it was only on for a few minutes. I guess it means they don‘t screen their news articles and they realised that it wasn‘t real.

Back