• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sar tech

oli77

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, i would like to know, when you ask to a trade on Saar tech, do you need to get a Paramedic certificate on your sideline or ?.... please describe me the process. Thank you

George Wallace said:
Are you confused that he is asking about a Tech posn that specializes in the Saar Region of Germany?

;D  Is that what he asked??

I don't know what "a sideline" is in the context he means...or might mean.  Or didn't mean. 

SQUIRREL!

I'm wondering if there is a French/English translation aspect....

Eye In The Sky said:
I'm wondering if there is a French/English translation aspect....

Just a wild guess, but I think the OP is asking if SAR is selected as a trade, does one have to get their paramedic certificate on their own.

But, as I said, just a guess.  :dunno:

oli77,

Currently you can only apply to the Sar Tech trade if you are a current serving member of the Reg Force. There was a 5 year trial where they hired paramedic/firefighter qualified civilians "off the street" but that has been put aside indefinitely. At this point, the trade has a surplus of Sar Techs so recruiting and course sizes are at a minimum. In fact this years course only has six candidates.

HappyWithYourHacky said:
oli77,

Currently you can only apply to the Sar Tech trade if you are a current serving member of the Reg Force. There was a 5 year trial where they hired paramedic/firefighter qualified civilians "off the street" but that has been put aside indefinitely. At this point, the trade has a surplus of Sar Techs so recruiting and course sizes are at a minimum. In fact this years course only has six candidates.

I've met them all 6 in my AMT course this summer. Nice guys by the way :nod:

I'm sure that being/having been a  paramedic or other such emergency services will no doubt be a feather in your cap applying for SAR Tech but I couldn't tell you if it's mandatory.  I actually tried applying for the civilian route that happywithyourhacky was referring to and yes it was a brief experiment. 

Back