• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

School Suspensions

cf.junior

Inactive
Reaction score
When your interview is in process, will the recruiter know about school suspensions?

I've been suspended 2/3 times in grade 6.. will the recruiter be aware about this? If he does, would this affect my chances of being recruited into the CF?

Thank you.

cf.junior said:
But will they be aware of the suspensions?

You're toast dude. They're on your "Permanent Record". You know the one... the secret file the Government and CIA keeps on everybody?

Seriously, chill out. You're fine!  ;D

Not to worry.  As stated, your transcripts will only indicate credits and marks from secondary.  Suspensions from elementary school are not at all relevant, even if they were listed someplace.

One thing I will say, although you may have had some suspensions, I am proud of the fact that you are concerned if it will affect your military career.

Not many Kids these days, worry about that.  And not many of them think of the Military as a way of life.

Kudos on you, and keep yer nose clean, you should be able to make it.

dileas

tess

cf.junior said:
When your interview is in process, will the recruiter know about school suspensions?

The Officer who interviewed myself asked if I was ever in "hot water" during Highschool (not sure if all whom interview ask).  Like you, I was suspended aswell.  No one is a angel.  Be honest, tell the truth.  :2c:

Thank you for the responses.

48th regulator,
I've been wanting to join the CF since forever, and I wasn't going to let a few suspensions from when I was an annoying twat shatter my lifelong dreams, haha.

:cdn:

the 48th regulator said:
One thing I will say, although you may have had some suspensions, I am proud of the fact that you are concerned if it will affect your military career.

Not many Kids these days, worry about that.  And not many of them think of the Military as a way of life.

Kudos on you, and keep yer nose clean, you should be able to make it.

dileas

tess

Based on any facts or do you have kids of your own?

From my own personal experience, Military careers are seen as a very viable option by my peers, and I see people from generations before ours looking down on a career in the military.

Adults these days tend to underestimate my generation on many fronts.

As an MCC I didn't worry too much about anything that happened before High School.  If you've done well in HS and kept on the right side of the law then a couple of suspensions in Primary School won't be that big a deal depending on what they were for.

Ben29 said:
Based on any facts or do you have kids of your own?

From my own personal experience, Military careers are seen as a very viable option by my peers, and I see people from generations before ours looking down on a career in the military.

Adults these days tend to underestimate my generation on many fronts.

And your generation also tend to underestimate us Adults....... ;)

dileas

tess

Back